Valentine's Day and the rest of February

Valentine's Day holds a special place in our heart. We got engaged over Valentine's Day weekend back in '10. I will give you some back ground about that  magical night. Lyndon surprised me. He was a fast mover. We had looked at rings the week before and I thought he would not have had time to get one and thought he would have waited a little bit longer before proposing. We had not been dating long. We went to Swan Lake up in Salt Lake to celebrate Valentine's Day and I accidentally felt the ring box in his coat pocket. After feeling the box I was pretty excited for him to hurry up and pop the question. He did not make me wait long. We walked up to the temple after the ballet and found a quiet spot and he proposed! It was pretty romantic.


The day after we got engaged.

This year Lyndon decided to keep his Valentine's day plans secret and surprise me. He took me to lunch at this fantastic French restaurant in Midtown. I love French food! That meal was probably the best meal I have ever had. Then that night he took me to the MET for our very first opera. We saw Ernani by Verdi. It was fantastic.


Us at the MET.


The next day Cosette and I flew down to Tennessee so I can finish my last class. I am proud to say it has only been a couple of weeks since we have been in Tennessee and all I have left to do is my final. This class has been frustrating but very enlightening as well. I have been studying the works of Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, and Thomas. Cosette is now 7 months old. We have made great progress with baby food and she can sit up very well on her own. We also got to go to my cousin's mission farewell. He is going to be serving in northern Brazil. It was great to get to spend some time with my Uncle and his family. The weather in Tennessee has been amazing. I am really excited for spring!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day