Brooklyn Botanical Garden

Another post about a different garden, but hey it is spring and everything is blooming. This time we visited the Brooklyn Botanic Garden with some of the ladies from our church. The Bluebells are in full bloom at this time and absolutly lovely. 


 The bluebell garden is set up so there is a path that runs through the garden so you can stand on it and get a picture looking as if you were standing in a fied of Bluebells. It is enchanting! If you look closely at the top photo Coco and I are standing in the middle of the bluebells.


Lyndon was not able to come on this adventure with us. Finals have commence and he is hunkered down in the library till they are over. He is very knowledgeable about trees. When he was in Cambridge he developed a facination about trees because there were so many. So I took the picture below of the Chinese Chestnut for him



Cosette enjoyed the trip to the graden even though it was freezing. She wore her little bear suit. I thought I was done with it since May is tomorrow.



I found a piece of Tennessee in the garden. Below is the Nashville shurb (introduced 2001; that is what it said on the plaque). 



We were a late for the Cherry blossoms. Still they were beautiful.


There was a trellace with beautiful Wisteria growing off it. 


I want to say this was a French style garden since it is not as well structured or as well manicured as an Italian garden.  




View of the whole French garden.


 The azalea shrubs were bursting with blooms.



The graden had some Irisis which happens to be my favorite flower.

As we were starting to walk back to the gate we passed a clump of Japanese Tree Peonies. The flowers were giantic and so beautiful. The colors were so rich. I loved the the pink hue so I snapped more pictures of the pink ones but there were also purple, white, and deep red colored ones.  



Our last stop on the way out of the park was by there Japanese garden. Looking at it made me really excited to go to Japan and see a real Japanese garden. Only 15 days left till we leave!



I wanted to visit more of the garden but it was so cold and windy. The sun was decieving. It was out bright and shining making it look like such a nice warm day, but no. I guess next time I should bring a jacket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day