Pearls, pearls, pearls

Manila is the place to get pearls. They have fresh water and the deep sea pearls in all shapes, sizes, and color. The best place to get them is the market at the Green Hills mall. This is where all my friends advised me to go because you can get the best deals on them there. We made a stop there and this is what we saw.


This is how all the vendors were set up. I loved seeing all the different colors and shapes of the pearls. The deep sea pearls are the best quality and most expensive. That is just because they are HUGE and perfectly round. They are the highest quality available. The fresh water pearls are less expensive because they are not perfectly round. The larger and rounder the pearl the more expensive it is. I got a chance to use my bartering skills and won the price I wanted.


The pearl market is huge. You kind of almost have to stay on one path so you do not get lost.


Sorry this picture is not great but we found some really fun wood carved products here.



These are frog purses made from real frogs. Disgusting! They are a souvenir favorite among the senior missionary couples for their grandkids. I could not touch them. The claws are still attached!

Aside from the frog purses the trip was enjoyable. We got our pearls at the price we wanted. It was great.

Comments

  1. That would be so so cool. I love pearls!! BTW, my husband has one of those disgusting frogs. His brother served there and gave him one. I still can't touch it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day