Trip to the Bazar

Every month the American Women's Association organizes a bazar. Tons of vendors come with anything and everything. It is fantastic! The first week we were in the Philippines they had their May bazar and it was a bit overwhelming. It is held in this huge room and there a tons of vendors from the front all the way to the back. I am the type of person who likes to see everything before I make a decision on what to perchase. So my first trip to the bazar I came home with I think only two things. I have been here for the June and July bazars so by the thrid time around I am a pro. I know where the places I like are, I know when I am being ripped off, and I know exactly what I want.  


Here Coco and I are at the bazar. You can see how big the room is. Sorry the pictures are not great. The group that runs the bazar does not allow pictures so I risked getting kicked out to take these.


Filipinos are very creative. They take whatever materials they have and make whatever they can. Above is a booth that sells things made out of Pineapple leaves. It is beautiful.


This booth is Cosette's favorite. This is where we got her bunny house. They sell all sorts of children's toys, books, learning aids, decorations, etc. All of it is hand sewn. I fell like I am ripping them off because it is so cheap too. Coco's bunny house was under $10. In the States something that nicely made would have been $50.


Here is Coco playing with her cute bunny house. We walked by the place that sold them and she grabbed one of the display bunnies and would not let it go. I felt bad because we did not bring many toys with us so I gave in and bought it for her. Best purchase ever! She loves playing with it.


I gave in again and got her a Noah's Ark. Too cute not to pass up.

I really enjoyed going to the bazar. It was a great way to see nice quality Filipino products. They are great seamstresses! There were a lot of booths selling gorgeous quilts. I found a disney princess one that was beautiful. There was another vendor that I bought some dishes made out of capice which is shells that looks like mother of pearl. It is beautiful. All sorts of hand carved figurines, cross stich things, jewelry, clothes, etc. You think of it and it was probably there. The Filipinos are known for their beautiful nativities they make. I saw some pretty amazing ones at the bazar. Even though all the shopping was great I think my favorite thing about it was the food vendors. There was an Indian food restaurant that was there every time. I was in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day