I joined a swim team

The title of the post says it all, but I will tell you some more about it.

 The team I joined is for novices to national champions so anyone who can swim is welcome. And I love that there is no pressure to kill yourself every practice. You can just go at your own pace, which is great, and it is a masters swim team so none of us are teenagers anymore. They do encourage you to compete in at least two swim meets a year so that is something I am working towards now. I am just happy I have not died at practice so far. It is feels good to be back with a team and I am getting so much of a better work out than I did on my own. I doubled what I normally do at one practice than what I would do on my own. 

This is a big deal for me. I have not swam on  real team probably since my junior year in high school. So this is a big step from swimming on your own doing whatever you want to having a coach give you a workout.

 I have been swimming my whole life. My Momma put me in swimming lessons starting at age one. I joined a competitive team when I was ten and was a big swimmer up until college. I did not do much swimming until after Lyndon and I got married and then I started it back up again just swimming on my own. I swam althrough my preganacy with Cosette. I mean all the way through (I swam a mile the day before she was born). So I am finally taking the plunge and joining a team! 

I feel kind of crazy for getting up for early morning practices again. That is something I vowed that I would never do again. (I used to have to get up at 4:30am to get to practie by 5am five days a week. Crazy, I know.) These practices are not so early so I can do it! My muscles are sore but I am loving it so far. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World