In London, but only for a weekend

This is Lyndon. I want to clarify that before you read any more, because I do not want to be thought of as a beautiful woman. I make this special appearance to talk about my recent trip to London! 

I had a good interview with a London-based firm here in NYC, and they invited me out for more interviews at their home office. They were very generous with my travel accommodations. I flew out in business class! Here is the hotel they put me up in.


The hotel is only one block from the British Museum, one of my favorite museums in the world. I bought quill cufflinks and a rosetta stone magnet from the gift shop :)



I also visited the National Gallery very briefly.





One of my favorite parts of seeing London again was the Olympic mascot the Wenlock, and the Paralympic mascot the Mandeville. All around London there were these little statues in different poses and wearing different costumes. Everytime I came across one of these little guys I snapped my picture with them! Here is the full collection. The first two were at Covent Gardens.







Sometimes I got little kids to pose with me.





I also visited Dr. Samuel Johnson's home for the first time. Apparently BYU students frequently visit the house. It's probably the English Language study abroad students (that's one of my majors).



Here's Dr. Johnson's cat.



While we in the Philippines I heard that the Filipino tourism agency had developed a slogan to get more tourists to the Philippines, but not until I visited London did I witness examples of these advertisements. I especially like the one about the underground. I took it in the Subway system often refered to as the Underground. I thought it was a clever sign.



This is a sailing store. I like sailing (in the hypothetical at this point. At least I think when I get to sail some more I will like it).


For Sunday I traveled to fair Cambridge. Here is the apartment where Christine and I shared a bedroom. The rightmost window on the ground floor was ours.


I miss the English gardens. This was a garden I saw on my way to church.


Here's a larger scale English garden.


The Curleys were kind enough to offer me dinner while I was in Cambridge, and I enjoyed meeting up with many of my friends in Cambridge.

My trip was wonderful and very nostolgic. I hope to return with Christine soon. 

Comments

  1. Lyndon, that sounds fantastic! I'm glad that you got to go back and visit - especially traveling in business class, which is a life goal of mine on that overseas trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day