Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend

Last week we partied really hard. We had an enjoyable Thanksgiving feast with two of my lovely sisters. Now that Thanksgiving is over the Christmas season is in full swing here in NYC. Christmas time is one of my favorite times to be in the city. The whole city is decorated and it is lovely. 


I did a French Thanksgiving dinner. Well the turkey, stuffing, and apple cake were French. The rest of the food was good old home favorites. Thanks Ellen for peeling carrots and potatos. Bethany did an exquisite job slicing the potatos. It made for quite a delicious potatos au gratin. Yum!




Oh the plaza. So lovely and beautiful at Christmas time. I want to go have tea there sometime. Cosette and I can go and pretend we are Eloise at the Plaza


5th Ave. shops all had there beautiful Christmas displays out. 





We had to make a stop at the Rockerfella Plaza. The tree lighting ceremony is coming up.



We made a stop at the Balto statue in Central Park. It is sentimental since we grew up on the movie. I planned my Mom's birthday party the year that movie came out. We were going to go to Chuck-e-cheese and then go see Balto for her birthday. Pretty awesome party planning done by an eight year old. My parents actually went a long with my party plans and it was a great night. Cute little anecdote for ya.








We stopped by Macy's to pay a visit to Santa Claus. The Santa Land at Macy's is reall well done. Makes you excited for Christmas!


We have all been good so I think Santa will be good to us this Christmas. 

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day