View from the top (of the Empire State Building!)

We finally made it to the top of the Empire State Building! It is one of those touristy things that we have not done since we moved here. It was on the list as one of those things we will do one day but might never do. I must say after going up there I am sad we did not go sooner. The view is spectacular! We are really lucky to have friends in high places (literally, the Empire State Building is 80 plus stories tall!) who are willing to take us up. 


I love this city! For some reason the view increased my love for our crazy busy city. 


You can see Lady Liberty all the way out there. 


We were able to see a lot of our favorite places from up there. Like Madison Square Park, 


the Brooklyn Bridge,


of course our favorite Daddy and Daughter,


and the Flatiron building. 




Here is the northern view from the tower. We tried to find Columbia but it is a little too far out there.


Chrysler Building.


Bryant Park. You can see the ice rink that is up right now. I like the Bryant Park area. The main branch of the New York Public Library is in that area. Cosette and I go there alot.


Uptown.


See that patch of color, that is Central Park in fall!


I love this picture. Pidgeons are gross, but this picture is pretty awesome. 
Going up to the top of the Empire State Building gave me a renewed love for this busy bustling city. If I had known how spectacular the view is I would have gone up a long time ago. I now really want to go to the top of the Rock. 



New York is getting ready for Christmas. As you can see the lobby of the Empire State Building is all ready for Santa to come. We passed Macey's on our way there and the giant Believe sign is already up along with a Christmas tree over the entrance of one of the doors. They are getting their window displays ready too! But first we must enjoy Thanksgiving, the last major fall event of the year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day