BYU in NYC

 BYU came into town this week to play in the semi-finals of the NIT at Madison Square Garden. We are so lucky that we live in NYC and get to see and do all sorts of fun things. I love that even though we live this far east we can still go to a BYU basket ball game. I love living in this city. 
BYU basket ball is special for us because we went to an away BYU basketball game for our first date. It was not that far away, only in Salt Lake, but still an away game. It is where our love story began. Lyndon was all sentimental about it. He was excited to "re-live" our first date. We went out afterwards and got pizza just like we did that first time. 
The Cougars did well. They did not win but held their own against Baylor. There were a lot of people who came out to support the cougars. It was great to see all the BYU fans at Madison Square Garden. Cosmo is the most enthusiastic mascot out there! He was running around the whole time doing all sorts of neat tricks. And we got to sing the fight song! I love the fight song! (*Quick story at the end of the post why I love the fight song so much.) We took several pictures so if you did not get to watch the game you can feel like you were there. 


Tip off. Go Cougars!







Us at Madison Square Garden!

We do not get to go out on  a lot of dates and it was wonderful to get out and spend some good time with my sweet husband. I am grateful that we get to date each other for the rest our lives! 
(so cheesy, I know) 

(*Why I love the fight song: I worked at the BYU Bookstore for a couple of years. One night me and a couple of co-workers had to work an freshman welcoming event. We had to sing the fight song for two hours straight and try to get others to sing with us. Most embarassing/awesome time doing it! We made of dance moves to go a long with it too. We were awesome that night!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day