The Parents in NYC


My parents came to visit on their way to Boston so my Momma could run the Boston Marathon. They took the Mega bus all the way up here! We were very happy to have them here. Cosette was really happy to see them. She got a big smile when she saw them get off the bus.


We love having visitors come because it gives us an excuse to go out and eat a lot of really delicious food! New York has the best food in my opinion. This trip we certainly enjoyed  a lot of it. We have lived here longer so we know where to go now. Had to take them to the famous Wafles and Dinges cart. We all tried the Strawberry pie wafle. Sooo yummy! Now we are on the hunt to find a copy cat recipe. 

We went to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) for the afternoon. I found out that it is free EVERY Friday from 4-8 pm! I had thought it was only free the first Friday night of the month. Oh the possibilities now. I learned that you never go on a day when it rains. We had to wait outside in the rain for a while because the line to buy tickets was so long. We got to see some of the Scream paintings, Van Gogh's Starry Night, and lots of others. 


That night we took the parents to Carnegie Deli. Mom was going to be running 26.2 miles in a couple of days and this place gets you lots of carbs and protein. Oh and baby #2 loves this type of food. Lyndon and I both really like this place. It has character. There are signed pictures of celebrities who have eaten there all over the walls, cases full of the biggest and tallest desserts I have ever seen, and giant salty pickles. My Grandpa on my Momma's side loved delis like this. Mom said that Grandpa would be in heaven at this place. It has really good cheesecake too! You only need to get one piece and it will be enough for the whole table to get their fill. The pieces are HUGE!

The parents had never had the opportunity to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. We used that excuse to take them across the river to Dumbo and enjoy the pizza at Grimaldi's. Friends keep telling Lyndon and I it is the best pizza in the city and we have to go. I was skeptical at first because we have enjoyed  a lot of good pizza while living here. But Grimaldi's proved me wrong. 



Best pizza I have ever had hands down. Lyndon agrees with that statement too. We are going back for sure.


Mom and Dad love spending time with Cosette. We went to several parks and the Carousel in Central Park while they were here.



Cosette is in love with carousels now. We will be taking a lot of rides on them this spring/summer season. 

We will miss you Mom and Dad. Come visit again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day