Mystery Bird Story

 We saw some pretty cool wild life this past week. We walk by a cathedral in our neighborhood a lot and sometimes I hear these exotic bird noises coming from the cathedral. I have been really curious to know what kind of bird is making this noise because it is not your typical song bird or pidgeon that you usually see. We were on our way out when we walked by the cathedral and heard the bird. I was telling Lyndon I hear this exotic bird sometimes and what in the bird world could it be? Then we saw it sitting on the fence, a red-tailed hawk! It is our mystery bird. Apparently they have nested at this particular cathedral and a momma and her three babies live there. They babies are now starting to fly and this one got down to the fence and was swaking up a storm. We saw it make the exotic sound. Their bird call really does sound exotic, I promise. We are kind of nerdy and thought this was pretty cool and snapped some pictures of it. Red-tailed hawks do live in the city. I have seen a few since living here but I never knew they are our neighbors.  


Baby hawk making the exotic sound.


Other baby bird learning to fly.


They have chosen this apostle's hand/shoulder to be there home. The momma bird is pearched on his hand. 

I am kind of relieved that I now no longer have to wonder what bird is making that sound, because it was just bugging me. Mystery solved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day