Birthday Weekend Part 1: Chocolate Tour

This post should actually be titled Lyndon is the best husband ever. I have been saying that a lot lately on here, but he really is. He tries really hard to make me happy and do special things for me. He pretty much rocks! He knows how to plan a special event, let me tell you. Best Valentine's Days, birthdays, and anniversaries since getting married to him. This year my birthday was done in two parts, well maybe three. He had to work late on my actual birthday so we did not do anything special but the next two nights he had made major plans. And he loves surprising me. So I had no idea what was going to happen.


This cupcake is actually part one of my birthday. Lyndon did bring me home a cupcake on my birthday with 25 five flowers, and 25 pieces of chocolate from Mariebelle. He "had" to eat some of the chocolate pieces so there would be 25 in the box when he gave it to me. Life is hard sometimes.

That weekend he surprised me by taking Cosette and I on a chocolate tour of the Soho and Chelsea area.


We stopped at the Chocolate Bar.


Happy girl in her new red stroller and sunglasses. 


Milk and Cookies Bakery stop. You can see she has her milk,


and her cookie, 


which makes for a happy girl. 


My favorite stop on the tour was probably Magnolia Bakery. The chocolate cupcake was really really good. It exceeded my expectations. We have gone once before and were really disappointed with the cupcake we got, but it was not chocolate. Super moist and the frosting tasted like momma's.


Dark chocolate macaroons. Need I say more?


Pasticceria Bruno Bakery & Cafe. Supposedly the best cannoli you can get in the city. It beat Bobby Flay in a cannoli throw down (does he ever win when he comes to New York?). If you like cannolis go to this this place. 

That is the way to spend a birthday. Eating lots of tasty treats. Originally we were going to get a babysitter for Cosette, but it did not work out, so she came with us. It turned out to be so much better with her there. She has a sweet tooth and was in heaven eating all the treats. Plus, she was so happy to be with both Mommy and Daddy. She loves it when we are all together. That is the way to spend a birthday, with the ones you love. Cliche but true. 

So that was the first night of my birthday celebration. Like I said earlier, Lyndon knows how to plan a special event. 

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day