Greetings From D.C.

 
Greetings from DC! Okay so we are not there now, but we were. We took our time traveling to Tennessee for my sisters wedding. We made stops in DC and Virginia before finally making it to the my home town. Having a large extended family made all this extra stopping possible.
Lyndon and I have only been to DC together once when we were first married (post here), so we were excited to head back and go to some of the museums we missed out on the last time we were there. Sadly, we did not get to spend as much time in DC as we wanted to. Our little mister was giving me some pretty bad/painful contractions, so we cut our day there short. We still managed to see enough to feel like our day there was worth while.
 
 
Washington Monument.
 

 
Cosette showing off her new pink sandals.
 
 
Outside the Smithsonian Museum of American History. Absolutely loved the first ladies section. They had on display some of their outfits from while their husbands were in office. I enjoyed seeing how styles changed through out history and whose style I most identified with. Not saying I identified with Michelle Obama, but her inaugural ball gown was probably my favorite. It stood out to me more than most of the others. Surprisingly, I thought Eleanor Roosevelt's style was not too shabby. They had one of her dresses there and it was very elegant. 

 
Dorothy's ruby red slippers used on the Wizard of OZ movie, my favorite childhood movie. Wish I could add those to my wardrobe. Cosette thought they were pretty too. She is a shoe girl just like her mama. Her face is awesome in this picture.
 
 
There was a small section in the American Stories exhibit devoted to the Nauvoo era of our Church's history. I was pretty surprised it was included. Often time it seems that anything about Mormonism in history is left out.
 
 
We met Kermit the Frog!
 
 
Cosette liked the helicopter in the museum's war section. She likes to point to the sky whenever she hears an airplane or sees one.
 
Cosette decided to practice her photography skills during our time in the museum. Here are her first self portraits. Budding photographer? With some lessons maybe.
 

 
Big thanks to my cousin's family for letting us stay with them and being so hospitable. That is pretty much all we had a chance to see. Little mister was not feeling up to it that day. At least DC is not too far from NYC and we have more family that moved into that area recently, which gives us good excuses to go and visit.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day