9/11


This week was the 12th anniversary of 9/11. Columbia puts American flags as a memorial in the middle of their campus to help us remember all those who died in the towers.
I was only 13 years old when it happened. I remember that I was in my eigth grade english class when my teacher told us what happened. The teachers did not turn on the news and the gravity of the situation did not really dawn on me at that time.
Last year around the 9/11 anniversary I took Cosette to the memorial and that is when the tragedy really hit home (post here). Being in downtown Manhattan at ground zero makes you realize how scary and devestating the attack was. 

While Lyndon's family was in town we visited the 9/11 Memorial.
 

One World Trade Center.


Ethan by the first fountain. 


Family photo.



If there is water to play in Cosette finds it.
 

Cosette and Aunt Hannah.



The second fountain. 

It kind of breaks my heart seeing all the names of the people who died in the towers on the Memorial. I am grateful that this memorial has been built so that we do have the opportunity to honor those who perished in the attack. I love this city and I am so grateful to call it home.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day