Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2013

 
We went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade again this year. We went last year and really enjoyed it so we had to do it again. It was freezing cold. Our fingers and toes soon went numb after we got to our spot. We had grate front row seats for the parade thanks to Lyndon and Sam and friends from church who got there super early (5:15 am!) to reserve our spot. This year it was really windy and they did not even know if they were going to be able to use the giant balloons because of the weather. We lucked out and it was a beautiful Thanksgiving Day. I got to see one of my all time favorite bands, the Goo Goo Dolls. That fulfilled one of my life long dreams. And yes, I did scream when I saw them. I am a fan! This year the new float for the parade was "Toothless" the dragon from "How to Train Your Dragon". So cute and I think the balloon was a life size replica of the dragon. I think going to the parade has become a family tradition of ours now. Two years in a row. We will see how next pans out. We made a little video of the photos and clips we took at the parade. The music is by Appalachian Spring: VII, Doppio Movimento: Variations On a Shaker Hymn
I know this is belated, but Happy Thanksgiving!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Saint Patrick's Day