Thanksgiving 2013

Before I post anymore about Christmas going on I should post about our Thanksgiving. We had family from both sides come into town, which made for a full house. It was great! We went to the parade this year (post here), so we had our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday to make it less stressful/busy day. I even started making some food ahead of time, but that did not seem to make a difference. Basically after cooking the Thanksgiving feast I never want to cook again. We even got take out last night because thinking of cooking was making me nauseous. But I am going to have to cook again, and I am fine with that.

Look at that beaut! I am so happy it turned out, especially with that nice golden color.

I am proud of myself because I cooked a 23 pound turkey in my tiny oven. It turned out beautiful! I hate cooking meat just because I hate touching raw meat. it is so Gross! So many germs. I scrub my hands after I touch raw meat because I am afraid I might die or contaminate anything I touch. So that is why I jumped with joy when my turkey came out of the oven looking beautiful. My rolls did not turn out looking good. They tasted good, but the presentation just kind of exploded, literally. My sisters wanted herbed pull apart bread instead of rolls. So I though I could just make my roll recipe to use for the monkey bread and it worked except that the dough kept rising. I had it in a bundt pan and thought I could just stick the dough in the fridge so that it would stop rising, but no it kept rising. I went to look in the fridge and the dough was pouring over the sides of the pan. I went ahead and cooked them and it looked like a giant mushroom when I took them out of the oven. They tasted fine, but the presentation was sad, sad, sad. It was pretty funny though, and as Julia Childs says never apologize for how something you cook turns out. Coco helped me make the rolls. She kept tasting the dough every time we added and ingredient and would tell me it was yummy. I love that kid.
 
Trevor reading to Cosette was the cutest thing, because he was reading My Little Pony books to her. We all decided he should read books on tape for a living.
 
And we feasted,
 
 

Feasted! 

Cosette really enjoyed having all the aunts and uncles around. As you can see here she kept them busy entertaining her.

These two got engaged while they were here. Lyndon's brother, Sam, proposed the beautiful Erin on top of the Empire State Building, which if you didn't know is the most romantic place on Earth. Several romantic films end with similar scenarios as this. We are very happy for them and happy they chose our city to get engaged in. I am happy to get another Plothow girl. You can never have to many, and us Plothow girls are pretty awesome. Just look at Cosette, pure awesome.
 
  

My babies and mustached man are the things that I am most grateful for this year. This is so late, but Happy Thanksgiving! And Merry Christmas!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day