Crawford Art Gallery


A favorite place we visited in Cork City Center was the Crawford Art Gallery. It is the best art gallery in Ireland to view provincial Irish art. It is also free which was an added bonus. I really enjoyed spending time there. It was peaceful and the art was beautiful. There is a large collection of Irish landscapes which I loved looking at. There is something about art that helps calm me and takes away the daily stresses. 


Here are some pictures of our top picks in the landscape exhibit. All done by Irish artist!



I love this one. The colors and the scene are just beautiful. I cannot wait for spring. This reminds me of the backs at Cambridge. We went punting with some friends while there in the mid summer and picniced along the shore. This picture brings that memory to life. 

 
The first exhibit that we looked at was a temporary exhibit of sketches. The one above on the right is a Picasso! 


I had to include a picture of this one because it is French and we were going to be in Paris in just a few days. This picture kindled my excitement even more. 

 
There was also an exhibit we spent time in dedicated to stain glass! Lyndon has been fascinated by stain glass since as long as I have known him. When I found it I was so excited to show him the exhibit because I knew he would be thrilled. I makes me happy to find things that he is interested in and show him. He gets excited, we smile, and have a good time.

 




The sculpture on the right is me and Henry.


The last exhibit we look at before leaving was their sculpture gallery. They had this whole room just filled with sculptures. It was pretty amazing! After visiting Greece we have a great affinity for sculptures and lately I have been so inspired by them. Sculptures can be so expressive. The scenes that they depict show so much emotion and display how beautiful the human body is. I am loving them!


We love our children a lot, but because they are children they have small attention spans. So we did not get to spend as much time as we wanted to at the gallery. When we do go on outings that Cosette might not find so interesting I try to find something there that she might be interested in. I try to find a painting or sculpture that has a horse or other animals she likes and play I spy. She finds the horse and I try to talk to her about it. I say I try because she is two and a lot of time just not interested in what I have to say. Oh well, she is a good sport and goes with it most of the time. The photo above is one I showed her because it has cows in it. She loves cows. She and Henry are the best! I hope our efforts to expose them to art will pay off one day and they will appreciate it as much as Lyndon and I do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World