Paris is always a good idea



I am tired of doing all the posts about Ireland. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely loved our trip there, but I am ready to talk about Paris. So I will.

Notre Dame, my favorite.
Unicorn tapestries at the Medieval Museum.
Paris! Magnificent, beautiful, lovely, amazing, unforgettable, the most beautiful city in the world! I am in heaven here. Before we got here I had to keep telling myself to not to build Paris up to much in my mind so I would not be disappointed when I got here. I am so happy to report that I did not build it up enough. The first day the kids and I got here we walked around the city and I could not stop ohing and awing at everything. I am so happy to be here! Audrey Hepburn was totally right when she said "Paris is always a good idea". It is so so true. One of the best ideas Lyndon and I have ever had.

In front of St. Michel Fountain. 

 
 
Even though we are not in NYC with its abundance of play grounds we have managed to find some in Paris. The picture on right is the ceiling at the Galeries Lafayettes. It is a fancy pants department store so naturally the ceiling has to be just as fancy. 


The Garnier Opera house. I like to think of it as "my" opera house since it is famous for the Phantom of the Opera and my name is Christine.
The Luxembourg Gardens. I cannot wait to see them blossom.


We were out one day and there was this beautiful rainbow (on the left). Les Invalides is on the right. We live close to there. The dome is covered in 20lbs of gold leaf. That is where Napoleon in buried. 
We have settled in nicely to our Paris digs. We have down grated from our two bedroom apartment to a studio. Yeah, that idea was not the best, but it makes up for that with its location. We are living in the 6th arrondismont close-ish to the Luxembourg Gardens (so beautiful). I will eventually do a post about that. We are about a ten minute walk to the Louvre. We got passes and go all the time. No matter how many times we go I think we will always get lost in there. The studio works out because we are close to every major site in Paris. Plus, it has the slanted ceiling, and those beautiful windows. Oh, I can easily live here for a few months, but only a few months. A studio with two kids will get too small after a few months.

The French know how to make good food. Best Cesar Salad of my life. 
There are pony rides at some of the larger gardens. This totally beats riding horses on the carousel. Our little horse lover is in heaven.
We have done a lot of exploring and are excited to do more. I have been running in the mornings and really enjoy getting to know the city this way. The kids have adjusted beautifully minus Cosette and her naps, but she has taken them two days in a row now. It is a miracle! We are picking up some French but not a lot. We can say "Bonjour" and that gets us around alright.


Paris, we love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World