The Irish Coast

A wonderful thing about Ireland is that you are never far away from the coast. It is an island country which makes everyday a beach day even in the dead of winter.I like that I put this picture of me and Henry first because you can't see the beach except through the bridge. There is the stream that is going to the ocean demonstrating that all water does lead to the ocean. 
If you look closely you can see a surfer riding a wave in. Some people, not us, will brave the water no matter what time of year it is. Now if I owned a wet suit I might go in for a open water swim. 
Brooke loves the beach and was very eager to take us there. We enjoyed spending time there with them at a place they love to go.

The rugged rocky coast.


Dogs on the beach. They were cute and some what friendly. It made me happy to see them running around probably because they were happy to be running around. I miss my parent's dog, Moses. He passed away right before Thanksgiving. I am sure he would have loved to run along the beach barking at everyone and everything. He sure did love to bark.


Two of my loves so happy.

 

The approach to the beach is different than what I am used to. Whenever I have gone to the beach it is just right there. There is no hiking down required. Irish beaches come right after the cliffs, if that makes sense. You drive up to the edge of a cliff and then make your way down the hill/cliff. That is what this picture illustrates.
We went to the beach twice and the second time the sun was out and it was beautiful. 
Exploring the sea shore. We chased the waves in and out. Cosette and Henry laughed and laughed. 
This reminds me from the film Far and Away. I can see Irish Tom Cruise running along those cliff. 
Gregory and George exploring.

Nothing gets better than playing in the sand with your friends. Cosette had a blast playing with her cousins. 


Showing me her rock she is about to throw in the tide pool.
George and my thumb. Why did it have to get in the way of this shot?

 



Beach family photo. Both days were fun days to visit the beach. I bet it is even better in the summer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day