Our Visit to Lady Liberty in Paris

Another cool thing about Paris is that there is also a Statue of Liberty there just like in NYC. The first time we went to Paris I saw it on the train on our way back from Versailles. She is perched there out on her own little island looking over the Seine. She has such a lovely view! Anyway, it was another thing on my Paris bucket list. We have yet to visited her in NYC so this was our first time meeting her in person. She is not too far from the Eiffel Tower which is perfect since we have a weekly story time right there. It was a glorious day for it too. I was proud of myself taking my babes by myself out there. It turned out to be quite the excursion, a lot more walking than I anticipated, and stairs. Not too many, and the French were nice and helped me carry the stroller up and down them. I have yet to meet the stereotypical "rude" French person. I have found them so pleasant and nice. We made it to Lady Liberty. She is as beautiful as she looks. 
The trees were beginning to flower, and the sun was up and shining. There is nothing more beautiful than springtime in Paris! This is the view we had on our walk back home. I don't think I will ever have enough pictures of the Eiffel Tower. 
After I took this picture Cosette hopped down and picked one of the poppies. She carried that flower around for the rest of the day. Made me smile.

I feel like sometimes these outings are more for me than my kids, but when will we get to see the Statue of Liberty in Paris again? Sooner than later I hope. We are here and have this wonderful opportunity so I am trying to make the most of it. Most often time Cosette will tell Lyndon all about our outings while he is putting her to bed which means it made an impression. Hallelujah! All the walking is for naught! 
There are carousels everywhere in this city. It is wonderful for my kids because they are huge carousel lovers. Well Cosette is. It is yet to be determined if Henry is or not. There are so many carousels that I decided that we are going to go on everyone we get the chance to and carousel hop around Paris. Gosh I love this city!
Little Baby H. He has the best smiles. I am so grateful for his happy disposition. And you can see it was a warm day because he is not in his bear suit! He is now the koala baby. 
















Two more shots from this glorious day.

I get so invigorated walking about and exploring with these little ones, especially in this city. While we walk places Cosette and I talk about anything we want to. One day we talked about what and who prophets are. I hope some of what I try to do with her sinks in. I am so grateful I have my two wonderful babes to go explore and seize the day with. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day