Our Month in Utah

We left Europe and instead of heading back to NYC we headed to Utah for about a month. Lyndon's little bro was getting married and we had nothing to do back in NYC (because Lyndon is done with school forever!) so we spent some good quality time with family out west. It was a big change of pace from our European city living. It was nice to slow down for a little bit and hangout in suburbia. I did not know how I would handle it because we have been in the city so long. Back yards are the bee knees my friends. We, because I did enjoy it as much as the kids, loved the grandparents big back yard. Cosette played in the play house, colored chalk pictures on the back porch, rode around in those little fisher price kiddie cars, jumped on the trampoline, played kicked ball, and the fun goes on and on and on. Henry and I enjoyed playing all those things with her, but we are just slower because H was not crawling at that time, but he was sitting up!!!

Utah is a special place for both Lyndon and I because he grew up there, we both went to school there (go cougars!), and that is where we met, fell in love, and got married.  Good times. I do enjoy going back there and seeing those majestic mountains and visiting all our favorite spots. And with the kiddos we are finding new favorite places to take them.

H on his first carousel ride. He does not look like it in the picture, but he had a blast! 
Of course Cosette was all smiles riding the bear. 

We did a family hike to the Y. This picture does not show it, but we did have a good time. Cosette just wanted to climb up to the top of the Y, but it was too dangerous. She was not happy about that. 

Love that view of the valley. 
We caught up with some of my cousins who are at BYU. They breed geckos and have the coolest assortment of them. My cousin showed me the eggs that one of their geckos laid and we could see the baby gecko inside. So cool! 

The Big H and my cousin Elena. She is the best! This girl works hard at all that she does and I am so proud of her. I love you Elena!
Did I mention we all enjoyed the backyard? Husband played several games of tether ball with the youngins. Surprise, surprise he won them all. I got out there too and played this school yard classic game for the first time. I found that I prefer kick ball, but I am still up for some tether ball when we go back for a visit. 
We explored the brand new Living Planet Aquarium up in the Draper area. It was pretty cool. Cosette and Lyndon walked across this tight rope thing over an exhibit. Lyndon kept making the rope shake and sway back and forth. Cosette told him to stop because she did not like that. I thought that was good that she was expressing herself in a firm but polite manner. Not sure if Daddy stopped doing it though. He is a riot. 


This fish is from the Amazon and has been around since the time of the dinosaurs. Not this particular one, but its species has. 


The penguin exhibit at the Aquarium was my favorite. The exhibit is set up so at one point it is like you are underwater and the penguins are swimming over you. I love it!


This girl of ours. She is adorable. We hung out at the mall a few times because there is an aswesome tree house play area and she found the jewlry store and learned how to acceso
Hung out at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. First time going for me and the kids. Don't you just love husband's hair. He hasn't cut it in year!



Lyndon worked hard getting his parents garden ready. He made a fire pit and we roasted hot dogs over the open fire. My nephew George came out of the house in this coat and sombrero and it made me laugh so hard. I love that kid. he and Cosette have a lot of fun playing together. I am so happy that she and Henry both have cousins their same age. It makes me smile to think of all the fun they are going to have together as they grow up.

Best climbing tree. We loved having a back yard!
We got to meet up with this special lady. She was in Cambridge doing a masters at the same time we were. It was so great to catch up with her and meet her little girl. She is an amazing woman.
We celebrated Mother's Day there and I got first home made card from Cosette! It's kind of like a right of passage to get a home made card from your kid. I'm a real mom now, haha.
Husband enjoying tacos at our Cinco de Mayo celebration.





Henry turned 8 months old while we were there. He started sitting up all by himself too. Babies changed so quickly in the first year. I am grateful to witness all the changes and progress he is making. Isn't he just the cutest?


Great Grandma Beth and Henry! I am so grateful that he gets to know his great grandparents. 

Our last night my in laws had a big ole cook out and invited some other family members over to hang out with us before we left. It was a great way to end our month here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day