A Henry Update

This little "big" boy deserves a post all to himself. I used to do a lot more updates about Cosette and the milestones she was making and I really need to do that with our Mr. Henry, or the Big H. He has a lot of nicknames.

I will start off with all his nicknames. We call him the Big H, Mr. Henry, my little big boy. My Mother calls him the Hen Hen and my dollop of vanilla pudding. She is a grandma so she can get away with calling him things like that.

Henry is ten months old, almost eleven months. He is a really fast crawler. I thought he would be walking by now because he started pulling himself up early. I guess when you can get around well crawling you can pass on the walking for a little while. He is almost there. Sometime when he knows he is being mischievous, I will be following him as he crawls for the dog food or stairs and he starts to crawling really fast. I will grab him and lift him up and he has the biggest smile on his face. I love that little smile.

He has six really sharp teeth. I do warn people that he does bite when they want to hold him. His toothy grin is so adorable. He puts everything in his mouth and especially likes to chew on paper. We try to keep things off the floor, but there is always something he is chewing on.

He is the sweetest baby. He has started giving hugs and kisses to us. One night I got to witness the sweetest interaction between him and Cosette. She would ask him for a hug and kiss and he would give them to her over and over again. Things like that get me through those hard days. When he is crawling away and I call him, he will turn around and I will hold my arms out to him and he will crawl back to me with a huge grin on his face. He is a mommas boy.

He doing really well with eating his solids. He loves Cheerios, Chex cereal, strawberries, chicken, rice, corn. He is pretty good about eating most of it. The green stuff we gave him at first he was not so fond of, but that is no surprise. He likes to drink water too.

He likes to clap. When other clap he will join a long. He gets a big smile when you start to clap with him or for him. He smiles a lot.

He loves the water. He is a little fish. The first time he was ever in a bath tub, he rolled over on his stomach and started kicking. Bathtime is probably one of his favorite times of day. He really enjoyed going to the pool and lake this summer. He would crawl around in the really shallow water and splash around. He even sticks his face in the water and brings it out smiling. He is trying to blow bubbles, after watching Cosette demonstrate one day.

We feel so blessed to have him as part of our family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day