Twenty-six

I turned twenty-six last Friday. This was one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I don't want to say it is the best birthday I have ever had because I have had some pretty great ones. But this one was spectacular! I do not think I have ever felt so loved and special on any of birthdays like I felt on this one. All the credit to that is due to my wonderful husband! He really is the most exceptional human being on Earth. He outdoes himself on my birthdays every year. He did real good this year, real good. 

He likes to do surprises and took me to The Orangery for a fabulous French dinner a few days before my birthday. He was trying to throw me off the scent of another surprise he was cooking up. After dinner we went back to my parents house where a bunch of my friends and family were there for a surprise party for me. I was surprised! It was so wonderful. I have never felt so special and loved on a birthday. Lyndon was really sly and I had no idea at all. Lyndon knows me and loves me so much because the party was "Paris" themed. He had found picture of Paris and Monet and hung them all over the walls, and ordered a bunch of French pastries from a French bakery. He had my sister help him pick up the pastries and hang the pictures up. It was the sweetest thing. 
Then if that was not enough, on my actual birthday he took me to see The Wizard of Oz at the Tennessee Theatre! That was my favorite movie as a child and to see it on the big screen was out of this world. I forgot how much I love that film.  
And he made me a birthday cake! The best birthday cake I have ever had. It was a peach cobbler ice cream cake. And it tasted better than it sounds and it sounds pretty amazing.


Nothing beats seeing it on the big screen.


The Tennessee Theatre has a Mighty Wurlitzer organ that was installed when the theatre opened in 1928. Anyway, before each show the organ is risen up on stage and an organists gives a little performance before the show starts. The organists performed a few pieces from The Wizard of Oz before we watched it. It was amazing. (Watch here).


The Tennessee Theatre is gorgeous! I wish every theatre was decorated like it.
At The Orangery they put a little birthday note on the table. 

Heres to another year! From the way it started I think it is going to be my best one yet. 

Thank you Lyndon for making this birthday so special! I am on lucky girl to have you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day