Happy First Birthday Henry!

Henry turned one year old on September 17. Best day of September.

I feel like a champ that I made it through the year with two kiddos! For me the first birthday is more of a mile stone for me than the kid, haha. Both times I have really wanted to play the "Rocky" music and take a lap around the apartment. That first year is a tough one and plenty of reasons to celebrate. I think Henry is probably one of the best traveled one year olds. He has been to seven countries so far in his young life. That is something he can brag about to the other babies. Anyway, back to the birthday festivities!

I am pretty sure Henry enjoyed his birthday. I volunteered at Cosette's pre-school that morning and Henry came a long. He gets really excited everytime we go to drop her off. I take him in with us to get Cosette settled and he always cries to be put on the ground and once he is he takes off crawling around. He enjoys the other kids being there and all the books and toys. So I am pretty sure he was in heaven because we stayed the whole time.
We had a small family party that night. I made him and Cosette individual bear shaped cakes. Cosette is a champ. She has been pretty good about understanding that it is not her birthday as far as a three year old can understand. I let her pick out a present for Henry and made her a little bear cake also, so she felt involved in the birthday and special too (because she is!). And she did help Henry unwrap all his presents. We actually got him some presents because we have no boy toys in this house. Just about everything is pink and girly. So we got him a few toys because it is a big deal to turn one and now we have something that is blue.
At Cosette's birthday he was into all the paper, so I thought he was going to enjoy ripping the paper up more than his toys. To my surprise he enjoyed the toys. I think I can call that a Mom victory!
Le cakes.

We were happy Daddy was able to be here for the party. We have been lucky work has not kept him away too much yet.
He really liked his cake. He smashed it to smithereens, and ate pretty much all of it. Another good thing about being one little boy, you can eat more delicious food.
Yay for boy toys! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the gift. I like that out of all the blue, green, red, yellow, orange cars he has he is playing with the purple one. 


He loves cake.
Here is a clip of the cake massacre. It is the cutest demolition ever.

Happy Birthday Henry!

Love, Mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day