The Anderson County Fair

It would not be summer without a trip to the county fair. Lucky for us we were in Tennessee for the Anderson county fair. We did not go a lot growing up. I think the last time we went was when I was in high school. I remember going on the one "roller coaster" with my little brother. Even though we did not go a ton we have great memories from the times that we did go. I know my sisters and I will never forget riding on the strawberries when it started pouring rain and we were five or younger. 
Lyndon, my sister, and I left the kids at home and had a night at the county fair. Ellen and I had some sister time going on the ferris wheel. 
The view from the top. After going I wish we had taken the kiddos with us. They both would have had a blast. Pony rides, the carousel. Next time babies. 
The real reason we were anxious to go to the fair was to see the how I did in the baked good competition. And I did pretty well because there I am pointing to my first place ribbon! I had been working on cooking bread this summer. After all the delicious bread we had in Paris I really wanted to learn how to make bread better. I had really wanted to enter a pie in the fair, but no pie category. My wise mother suggested I enter my Brioche I was making probably bi-weekly. So I decided to be courageous and enter it in. I barely made the entry deadline. I thought the cut off time was at four in the afternoon, but luckily remembered it was at noon (what was I thinking?). I got there with enough time to enter it in and I guess the judges liked what they ate. I won a blue ribbon at the county fair! I also got a cash prize of three dollars. Winning county fairs is a lucrative business people. 
I will do anything for Lyndon. Even ride crazy rides like this one. It takes you to the top then drops you to the bottom with out any warning. I love my man.

Going to the county fair was another thing to check off on our Tennessee summer bucket list. Thank you Lyndon for helping me check these things off my list. I wish summer would not have to end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World