Can You Tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts is hosting a fun Sesame Street exhibit that is free! I grew up watching the show and love the characters. It was just as much fun for me to see it as it was the kids. It is a great exhibit that has a ton of information about the history of the show for grown ups to read, but a lot of different activities for the kids to engage and enjoy. You could get through it in about half an hour if you don't sit and read everything which you probably won't be able to if you have kids. It was the perfect activity for that rainy day. 


Cookie Monster was there to greet us at the front desk when we arrived.

Grover pointing the way Sesame Street!
Cool to see the iconic Big Bird. He is a big bird.
A couple of the lesser known characters, but I remember them. My youngest brother is ten years younger than me so there was a lot of Sesame Street watching in the house up till I graduated high school, which means the characters are some what ingrained into my brain. I can do a pretty good Elmo impression because of that.  

I liked this poster because if had all the different "hair" used on the puppets that you could touch. A great sensory activity for the H man.  
Cookie Monster! I remember and episode where he sang a song that went "C is for cookie, and cookie is for me". I sing "C is for Christine, and that is me, and C is for Cosette, and we are a family". 
One of the areas you could listen and watch segments of them dancing and singing. She loved it. I had to drag her away in the end. 
Henry was walking around everywhere as long as he held my hand. He is really starting to get the hang of it. 

Giving a goodbye hug to her friend. 
Cosette was so excited to see Elmo, but when it came time to see him she was not that impressed. Hence both kids trying to make a break for it while I took the picture. 
Drawing cookies in Cookie Monster's mouth. 

Cookie Monster was everyone's favorite. 
Super Grover was flying around making sure we were all safe. He was one of my favorites growing up.
Cosette and her cute friends.

If you are wondering how to get to Sesame Street, just ask us. We can tell you the way.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day