This Week

The title of this week should be called "And Thus it Begins". Lyndon's work has picked up significantly. There have been several really late nights and I now have a greater understanding of the term "law widow". That's me, a law widow. Okay, it really is not as bad as I am making it sound. This week has been very busy for Lyndon at work. We still went down and had lunch with him one day. We think we are starting to set a trend because last week when we were having lunch there was another Dad with his kid eating lunch too! We miss him, but this is what we signed up for. We have enjoyed the slow times while they were here.

A lot of my friends have been asking how I am doing with Lyndon working late, but I am doing great! At the end of the day my patience does run a thin, but I have been praying that my patience and stamina will increase with Lyndon working, and praying works. I also have been praying that the kids and I can work together in order to get along. And it's working! I was sitting with them both in my lap reading one day this week and the feeling that I had was this is heaven. Life is especially busy with us. The city is fast paced, and having small children is a lot of work (wonderful work, but none the less work). With things being busy I feel only exhaustion and nothing else. Thus, that feeling that of heaven while being with my children was a welcomed one.
Henry looks so big in this picture. He is at a really fun age right now. I am trying to take as many photos and mental ones of him right now. His personality is coming out more everyday. He is trying to do things that are a little out of his range like climbing stairs and up slides at the playground. He looks at what the big kids are doing and you can see in his face that he really wants to join them. He tried climbing up a ladder at the playground today! He was on the first rung before I got to him. Slow down little boy. You have the rest of your life to climb up and down ladders and all the other giant play structures at the playground. You are only a baby once.
Her face when she got her fruit snacks. It cracks me up. 
Bathtime selfie with my little man.
These two. They are good to each other. I am really lucky that they get along so well. They do have their moments, but you can only ask so much of a three and one year old. They do love each other a lot. When we go have lunch with Daddy at work they like to play together on the subway. They will look out the window checking out their reflection, watching the other trains go by, or looking at the different platforms we pass by. Cosette will do things to make him laugh. This week she was giving him lots of hugs and kisses and Henry returned just about everyone. it was pretty adorable. l
Dinner one of the few nights I cooked this week. I have not been cooking that much because the kids don't eat what I make and Lyndon has been eating at work. We miss having him home for dinner. 
Walking to school in the rain. 
Henry and I ran an errand down in the Garment District to get Halloween costume supplies. I am attempting to make their Halloween costumes this year all on my own. Wish me luck!
I went to about five different stores before I found one with the type of fabric I needed. It reminded me so much of shopping at the markets in the Philippines. There were rolls and rolls of all different types of fabric imaginable (except for the kind I needed). I spent less than I thought I would, and really want to get some of this gorgeous fabric and make a blinging dress. Where I will wear it I don't know? Sometimes you gotta dress pretty for no reason.
Here goes nothing. They might or might not have Halloween costumes.
Cosette: "Mommy, my movie is scary. Will you come sit with me?" Thus, I took a picture to capture this sweet moment. 
Chasing bubbles! Only a few things in life are better for this little girl.
Henry exploring the playground like a big boy. If only you'd seen his smile. It was precious.

This week has demonstrated to me that I can do this whole NYC lawyer's wife mom thing. The whole time we were at law school we heard all the stories about all the lawyer husbands working late and it being really hard on the families. Its enough to make anyone nervous, which is one of the reasons that I was nervous when Lyndon started work. It is the first week he has been really busy with work and I am sure that when he has been working long hours weeks on end and we have not seen him much it will be harder than it is right now. But we made it through the first tough week at work! I am trying to focus on all the small victories around here. I am just really grateful for where we are in our lives and how everything is going. The kiddos are really happy and I am really happy. Life is good and this week will be filed away as one of the good ones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Saint Patrick's Day