This Week's Update

This last week has been just as busy as the last. Lyndon has been working super late every night. He did come home early one night, but that is only because we had friends staying the night with us. And then he was on the phone all night doing conferences. Ce la vie. I will probably say this everytime I talk about work, but this is what we signed up for. We are embracing it. We have kept up meeting down at his office to have lunch with him once a week. That gives us little something to look forward to. 

Henry checking out the AWESOME view at Daddy's office.
It is really weird not having him around. I have been reminiscing about our student days here and there. I really miss our spontaneous outings we would take (they were most often to the MET). I was a little too good at persuading Lyndon to study later and come hang out with me, Cosette, and Henry. And it was totally worth it. I will cherish those memories forever.    

We spend a lot of time outside anyway, but we are really soaking up the nice weather before winter comes. Blah! I am not looking forward to winter. We have been playground hopping around our neighborhood and getting ready for Halloween. I have finished H's costume and made a good dent into Cosette's. I am really proud of myself because they are turning out! This is a big deal for me because I have put a lot of time, effort, cash into this project and it is coming together. 


 
After pushing Henry on the swing for a little while she realized that if she hangs on the back she can "swing" too. It cracks me up when she does this. Seeing your kids figuring out different things and having fun with it is a great part of motherhood. I kind of love it. 

There is one convenience store that has a horse ride that we pass when heading to the subway. She asks to ride it just about every time. Little things like this horse ride give me some peace that she is not missing out on things that she would have if we did not live in the city. I know I lived for these rides at the grocery store 

Cosette dressed up as Batman for a little music video that someone in our stake was making. The song is about kids playing with Halloween type monsters (Frankenstein, werewolf, witch, etc). All the kids that participated in it dressed up in costumes and played with adults who were dressed like the Halloween monsters. Cosette had a tea party with the mummy and werewolf. When the video gets done I will share it with ya'll. 
(One thing about Cosette: she loves to dress up as princesses and all the girly stuff, but she has no problem changing it around and being Batman. I love that about her.) 

We finally got our zoo pass renewed! I think I am more excited about going to all the zoos and aquarium more than the kids are. We went with friends to the Central Park Zoo one morning. The walk through Central Park to get there is pretty incredible right now. Central Park is my happy place in the city. I love it! Anyway, the kids had so fun running around with their friends. Not to much animal watching was going on, at least with Cosette. Henry enjoyed looking all the animals. He got really excited in the penguin exhibit seeing them dive and swim around, and looking at the red panda. The sea lion show was the highlight of course. The CP zoo has a really cool children's petting zoo with all sorts of neat sculptures and things to climb and play on. Henry made himself cosy in the turtle shell. He is getting so handsome! That was a lovely day.

Lyndon and I went to see the film "Meet the Mormons" this last weekend. I was highly skeptical about the film and I really did not care to see it. We only went because our Stake asked that as many people could go see it opening weekend so it could eventually get distributed on Netflix, Hulu, etc. The film turned out to be amazing. I was blown away by how well it was done and by the different stories told. It was really really good. I left feeling so uplifted, happy, and proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a really powerful depiction of how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses and changes lives. I want to go see it again! Maybe this next weekend?
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day