Happy New Year

Me and the kids flew down south to spend some time with my family in Tennessee. It has been five years since I have been there this time of year (Lyndon and I had just started dating the last time I was there), so it was time to have somewhat of a "tender Tennessee Christmas" or New Year. 

Kind of out of character for me, I did not take any pictures. This trip was the most relaxed trip I have taken down there.  And that is just what the doctor ordered. Shopping, eating, movie watching, game playing, and hanging out with the best people. I got to spend a lot of time with my sisters that were home and my bros (they are the coolest!). Both my parents took the week off from work and spent the majority of it with the grand kids. I think everyone was in heaven. 


This little clip is a good illustration of all the fun everyone was having.

Henry took up really well with Grandpa (and Grandma too!). Cosette was excited to go back to Tennessee. We had a really fun play date with our friends we made over the summer. We took the kids to a trampoline gym and out to lunch. Cosette really surprised me at the gym by figuring out how to get on this rope that swung over a foam pit and jump in it all by herself. I was impressed. 

New Years Eve me and the kids had our own party. H does not do well staying up late at night so he went to bed, Cosette and I had an all girl party. We made cookies (the best cookies ever! That recipe, incredible.) and watched Little Women. She did not make it till midnight either. I missed my sweet Lyndon. I am so getting extra New Years kisses when we are back in NYC.  

All smiles at our all girls New Years party.
My Aunt Sabrena and Uncle Gaston came into town. We love them. Cosette used to call her "Grandma Sabrena". She spoils the kids like they are her own grand babies. She got Cosette this giant pink horse stuffed animal purse that Cosette has named "Aunt Sabrena". I have been laughing about that one all day. I always have to pack light when I go down there because everyone spoils my kiddos. I love it!

Sisters are the best.
Goodbyes are hard.
One last goodbye from Aunt Ellen and Grandma. "Aunt Sabrena" is in the middle, haha. 
My little travelers. They are the reason this year will be great. Life with them is a crazy wonderful adventure. There is never a dull day with them.

This trip was a the perfect way to start off 2015. I am not going to lie, I would love it to be this time last year and be getting ready to jet off to Paris. However wonderful Paris is, 2015 is going to be a great one. New York is not to shabby. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day