Coming out of the Fog

This winter has been really hard. In retrospect January was not bad, but February was brutal. Oh, so brutal. I was watching CNN one morning and they were talking about the horrendous weather the country has been having (so sorry Boston) and they said that we had 15 more days of cold weather. I counted and 15 days from that date was March 3. So I am overjoyed that March is here! 

It's really hard when the weather is so cold and all the playgrounds are covered with snow. We are used to spending so much time outside and we still have to go outside and walk in it. And when it was snowing a lot there were days it was kind of impossible to leave the apartment because it is really hard to push a stroller in the snow and then it's freezing and the kids were crying because it was so cold. And then being pregnant during this time has not made anything better. I have been a slave to pregnancy brain. It is real and makes it impossible to accomplish anything! 

Things have been looking up though. The first trimester is over and I am feeling the difference. I have had a lot more energy lately so life is so much better now. We are going out and doing more things which is making all of us happy. I am such a better person when I can get out and take the kids so some activity. Happy mamma equals happy kids. 

I had to make a tough decision about swimming. It takes up so much energy getting up early and then going to swim for an hour plus with my team. I love it, but then there would be days I would come home and have to lie on the couch all day because swimming and pregnancy had drained all my energy. So I made the hard decision to stop swimming with my team. I cried, and then joined the YMCA where I can still swim at my own pace for as long or as little as I want. So yeah, I'm taking it easy, haha. Great new about the Y, there is pool time when the kids can go too! We will be a swimming family (as long as I have energy to take them). 

Just the past few days the weather has been warmer and the snow is melting. I mean we can see the ground. It is even gone in some areas. Hip, hip, hooray! We are finally coming out of the fog and it feels great! 

And here are a couple of pictures of the kids to make you smile. They sure do bring a smile to my face everyday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day