Art in Bloom

Spring has slowly been creeping in here in the city. We attended the annual Macy's Flower Show which got us really excited for the season. Cosette had talked about flowers at preschool that week which made it a little bit more exciting for her. She has been telling me that plants need sunlight, water, and dirt. I love when she learns things at school and we going on outings that go along with what she has learned. It  is so fun to hear her tell us about it. And I think that she enjoys it more since she knows something about it.
 The theme this year was Art in Bloom. There were all sorts of different flower displays demonstrating different styles of art. It was kind of crazy maneuvering the stroller and Cosette through the store. It was crowded and narrow isle, but it was totally worth it. The show was really well done. I thought that the theme really came through in the exhibition.


Us with a Picasso garden.
Her smile kind of matches the art in this exhibit.
I love hydrangeas, probably because we had them in our yard growing up. I love the the beautiful colors of the different flowers. 
The exhibit was in the make up section and my girly girl was dying to get a make over. She loved this seat! It was pretty hard to get her out of it.


And then we found this advertisement by the Chanel counter. I love Coco. And Coco loves Coco. 
View of the store and the Romantic Garden.
My Momma was in town at the time. This was one of our New York activities that she had not been in town for so it was an extra special treat to go with her. 


Me and my girl. I love her so. It makes me really happy to take her on outings to show her all the different things our city has to offer. 
She would not turn around for this picture. She was too busy looking for the bunnies in the basket.
The Matisse cutouts display was one of my favorites because I like them and me and the kiddos went to see this exhibit at the MOMA back in January.
The Macy's windows displays never disappoint. We loved the show and can't wait to see all the flowers blossom this spring. 

Other Macy's Flower Show post here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World