Our Week with Grandma


My Momma stayed an extra week with us. It was so nice having her all to our selves. She really is the best. It was wonderful having someone to go on outings with and help out with the kids. I just liked having someone to hang out with and talk to other than answering Cosette's never ending "why" questions. Plus, Lyndon has been working nonstop so it was the perfect time to have company in town. Now that she is gone it is sinking in even more how wonderful/helpful/amazing an extra set of hands is with these two kiddos. They are running in opposite directions and I have to run in both directions to get them. Having her here was like heaven. I did not have to do dishes for the whole two weeks she was here! She is an angel! I hope that I can be as helpful and wonderful to my kids when they grow up and have babies. I don't know what I would do without her at this point in my life. She always has the answers to any question I have about my kiddos, and her insight on how to handle situations with them is out of this world helpful. It is not particularly profound, but when she gives it I always think "that is genius!". Anyway, I could write novels about how incredible this woman is, but I will spare you that until Mother's Day, haha. Just kidding, maybe.

Our week with Grandma went by too quickly. Having her extra set of hands we were able to stay out longer and go on longer outings because I just get so tired. Growing a human takes a lot of work, fyi. 
She has been to NYC about seven times since we have been here so our visits our never rushed or jam packed with things we have to do because she will be back soon. We try to find things/events that are going on at the time she is here that she won't get to experience other wise. This trip the Macy's Flower Show was going on while she was here. We put that on our priority list and had a really fun time there. I took a ton more pictures and will share with ya'll shortly (her visit did bring back my southern accent a little bit). 

This was her favorite picture from the flower show, so I have to share it. 


 She got to spend a lot of time with Cosette and Henry witch made her very happy. Henry had a blast going down the slide with her at the play ground. They got great Grandma time in and have been a little sad getting back to life with out her. Cosette is so cute and tells everyone that her Grandma's name is Trish and she lives in Tennessee. She and Grandma made Easter cookies together and took them to her preschool class to share with her friends. Cosette was very proud of her cookies and excited to give them to her friends. We took the kids swimming twice. I am still trying to figure out how to do it by myself, so it was so nice having her there to help with one kid while I had the other.  


We made a trip to the Bronx Zoo. We got to ride the Bug carousel twice in a row because no one was there that afternoon. Sadly most of the animals were not out. We did get to see the Hyenas and African Wild Dogs up close which she has not seen before. And we got to see the Sea Lions which is always a treat for everyone because those animals just like to entertain. There was one big daddy one that was "barking" so loud. It was kind of hilarious. She is the woman who made us zoo people because she took us to the zoo all the time growing up. It was fitting that we took her there.
 
The highlight of the visit was winning lottery tickets to see Wicked on Broadway! Lucky for us it was the one night Lyndon was home so we could both go out and have some necessary mother daughter time. She was so excited to see it. She has tried the lottery for the show about ten times and her name was the second one called! It was so exciting. Now I can't stop listening to the music and it makes me miss her terribly. 

 Our seats were really good. And since it was a weeknight all the primary's were playing in the show. We got so lucky!

 Classic picture with our playbills. We need to make going to see a show a tradition! 

Now she is gone and we are back to reality. There is always a let down after visitors leave. It is so fun having people come visit. Till next time Mom. As Nacho Libre writes OxXo. She'll get it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day