Sunday Snapshots and a Bump Update!

This Sunday I got some sweet pictures of the people I love most. We had Lyndon around most of the weekend, yay! Cosette and I are lucky to have the two most handsome boys in Manhattan to go places with. We usually walk to church, but the forecast was rainy, and we slept in too late (alarm clocks, who uses those things anyway?) so the bus it was! The bus is actually my preferred mode of transportation here in the city because it picks us up right in front of our place and drops us so much closer to our destinations than the subway does. Plus, you get to look out the windows and see the city! This moment I caught of my boys made my heart melt a little. It was a heart melting day as you will read.
After we picked them up from Primary and Nursery Cosette grabbed Henry's hand and they took off together. It was the first time they voluntarily held hands!!!! My heart was melting. They walked like this the whole way from church to the bus stop. It made the day so sweet to see their love for each other and their friendship developing. The world of young children is awesomely chaotic and not very peaceful, so this moment of peace was especially special for me to witness. 
Here comes the masked Cosette! Not sure why they made masks in her class that day, but she looked awesome. My family watched this old school Winnie the Pooh movie growing up, where Pooh was the masked bear and this made me think of that, haha. 
And a update on this bump! I am 30 weeks now, woot, woot! This pregnancy is going by fast and I am so happy that it is. I definitely prefer to have to baby out of me instead of in me because it's really nice to walk up the subway stairs without huffing and puffing. Plus, there is nothing like holding your sweet baby. It is this surreal almost out of body experience. To think that that child is mine forever and was just in me. Kind of crazy, but so amazing it's hard to describe. I am looking forward to August! 10 more weeks! Then things will be really topsy turvy around here in the best way. I feel very ready for this little one. 
This kid, like my others, is pretty active. Cosette has been able to feel the baby move a few times. She wants to name the baby Cosette and have two Cosettes in the family. She, big Cosette, and then there will be little Cosette. She also tells me that she is going to call it "little cutie" which is freaking adorable when she says it in this little voice she does. Henry is ready to be a big brother. He put on Cosette's baby doll carrier with a baby in it on the other day and was walking around the apartment. Watching him do that makes me feel confident that he is going to be great at this new job of his. He likes to pull up my shirt and poke my belly to try and get the baby to move. That kind of hurts at this point in the pregnancy, but it is sweet. This is how he is involved with the baby. 

Anyway, back to the bump. I got to see baby's sweet little face close up at a recent appointment. Baby's hands were up around its sweet little face playing peekaboo with me. Technology in the obstetrics field is incredible now! My doctor only has positive things to say about how everything is going on with the pregnancy. It's been a pretty easy ride up until now. Things are just getting a little more uncomfortable with the growing belly, and I am not able to do as much as I would like. At the end of the day I am exhausted and things just don't get done. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I'm not to hard on myself because that does nobody any good, and we get out and do a lot. If there is one thing I am going to spend the energy I have on, it is taking care of and having fun with these awesome kiddoes of mine. That is more important to me than folding the laundry that has been sitting in the living room for a week (and it seriously has). I have a summer bucket list that I am checking things off on. There are so many things I want to do with the kids before the baby gets here! I don't want them to miss out on any of the NYC summer fun. We are making great progress on it. Ten weeks will go by fast. Pray that it goes well. xoxo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World