We Played a lot in May

May was great! We did some traveling and got to spend some much needed time with Daddy. Once we got back to the city the weather was great and it was time to start checking things off my summer/before baby bucket list. There is always so much going on in the city!  I love it! It makes it hard to pick things out sometimes because there is only so much you can do in a day. I have been feeling energetic, so no excuse not to take advantage of things.

We hopped on the train and headed out to Brooklyn with friends. There are a couple of great playgrounds, Jane's Carousel, and the fabulous sights of Manhattan which are only a few of the things to enjoy there. We could see Daddy's work from the pier. We always wave to "him" when we can see his building, and then I call or text him and let him know we are waving to him. The kids get excited because Daddy can "see" them waving. Anyway, it's a fun little way we stay connected during the day. 


Jane's' Carousel, our favorite one in the city.

We really enjoyed the new public art exhibit in the Brooklyn Bridge park. 
These benches were really neat. The kids pretended they were racing or cars on a track. There was another one we checked out where the bench went up like a wave and the kids could slide down the other side. We are going to go back to this one. It was so fun and we got kicked off it too soon. I guess since the grassy area was still fenced in that meant it was not open to the public. The fun police strikes again!
Fleet Week was happening so we went down to Riverside Park to see the Parade of Ships come in. 
I felt very patriotic watching all the sailors come in. I am so grateful to live in this country. 
H boy getting his shakers on at music class. It's his favorite part. You can see both kids grooving here
These two night owls have decided playing together is more fun than going to sleep. I snapped this photo an hour after I had put them down for bed! I love it though. Cosette climbed off the top bunk bed got into Henry's crib and helped him up on to the dresser and hung out together. 
We are getting ready for summer by going swimming whenever I can get my pregnant body out the door. The kids love the water, which being a swimmer makes me so happy! Cosette always takes a little bit to warm up, but after a little while she is swimming around on her own racing us back and forth across the shallow end where we hang out. She wears a floating device on her back which hopefully after this summer she will not need any more. Henry was made to swim. The first time I put him in a bathtub he rolled over on to his bell and started kicking. He is an aquatic natural. He is pretty fearless which is good, but when I have both kids by myself can be a little tricky. They love it and it always makes for a good time. We are trying to get down there more.
She and friends decided it would be fun to color their faces instead of coloring on the ground with chalk. They started with just pink cheeks and before I knew it Cosette's face was covered in pink chalk. Chalk washes off easily. She was my pinkalicious girl that morning. 
We marked off another thing on our bucket list and visited the Conservatory Gardens one evening. Central Park is incredible! There are so many hidden gems and it is always changing with the seasons. I love it there. 

Lyndon has been working round the clock, so we can't really count on him being around for the weekends that much. The three of us took off to the Bronx Zoo one Saturday and finally rode the camels! Our camel's name was Joshua, which Cosette liked because she has a good friend named Joshua. We found out while we were riding Joshua, that camels when out in the desert will eat just about anything including carrion and bones. Crazy stuff!
The Children's Zoo was finally open! It has been under construction since we have had our zoo membership, so about two years. The kids love to feed all the different farm animals. This one had goats, sheep, llamas, alpacas, and donkey's which they could feed. We fed all of them! 

And no zoo visit is complete with a ride on the bug carousel. 
Living the high life on the High Line with friends. I have only been here once before and wanted to maked the trip down there again to check it out. Ironically I walked the same stretch I did last time before the kids were done, and the crowds were too dense. Luckily going with a couple other friends we were able to keep all the kids insight between us. Those crowds. Mental note to go in the middle of the week and not on a Friday. I still liked it. Now I just need to head to Chelsea Market and grab some food next time I'm down there. Henry is obsessed with cars, trucks, buses, planes right now, and probably for the rest of his life. He got really excited to see that red bus. 
We finished off our Memorial Day weekend by trying out the city's best soft serve at Big Gay Ice Cream.  This place was a hoot! The names of the treats were pretty scandalous (their number one flavor is called a Salty Pimp and if you go get it) and the decor was pretty fantastic. There are different colored unicorn pinatas hanging from the ceiling as well as a few other similar party decorations. It will forever be known by us as the unicorn ice cream place. 
The kids both finished off their giant sprinkle cones, which is pretty impressive because they were BIG. 
Whenever we walk by Balto we have to snap a picture. He is our dog here in the city. We love him so. 
Cosette's last day of preschool was spent at the Central Park Zoo. Henry and I met up with the class and enjoyed the animals. We had a parent teacher conference with her teachers before the year was over and she is doing great! She is ready for Pre-K this fall. She had a great experience at pre-school. There was never a day when she did not want to go. It was fun hearing all the different songs she learned throughout the year. She taught us how to sing them so we sing a lot of them together now.  
His "cheese" face here, hehe. He makes a cute bunny.
 
We hung out at this playground with a great slide. Cosette was fearless as you can see she is going down head first. Henry on the other hand would only go with me. I don't blame him. It was a big, fast slide. 

The city had a heat/humidity wave (I don't think we were ever dry) one week, but after this winter I don't care how hot it is! Plus, it gives us the perfect excuse to cool off with some ice cream on the roof top. 
This past month I was so happy and having so much fun with my kids. There were days when I was exhausted, but I was able to get passed it and make most days good. I have been feeling so blessed for all that we have right now. I know Lyndon's hours have been rough, but it's just the phase we are in our life. The kids spend every morning with him and whenever he is home he spends as much time with them as possible. I am constantly texting him pictures of what we are doing and we facetime with him so we get to see him. I just feel so blessed with everything. I am not doing a great job expressing this, but I know that Heavenly Father loves us, and is mindful of us. Reflecting on this past month I can see how he has lifted my burdens and help me take on the responsibilities that I have on my plate right now. I am so grateful for that. xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day