No Tennessee Visit is Complete without a Zoo Trip

It would not be a complete trip to Tennessee without visiting the Knoxville Zoo. Especially when we are visiting Grandma. She really enjoys taking the kids here and I say that because both times we went were instigated by her. I think she kind of likes this place. This time we honored a Dunn zoo tradition and got some slush puppies. It was so hot/humid that day it was the perfect way to cool down and we were all so much happier because it cooled us off.The cups were so big that none of us could finish them off! And I really tried to because it was so refreshing in the summer heat. 
Purple tongue from her grape slush puppie. Sticking her tongue out is her new thing. She does it for almost every picture now even if her tongue is a perfectly normal hue.
Henry getting ready to pop out like the prairie dogs and get eye level with them. The tunnel goes through the prairie dog exhibit and there are viewing sections you can stand up (if you are kid height) and see the prairie dogs up close. 
Looking for elephants.
Found one!
These two cute girls got to ride on the camel! They had so much fun together this summer. We are lucky that we made a lot of good friends last summer. It has made this trip so much fun. 
The highlight was seeing the baby gorillas. There were two that were born this year and kind of the cutest thing. This probably sounds weird, but it made me excited for my baby to come. These baby gorillas were like the size of human babies and this one kept smiling in its sleep like it was having a baby dream. So cute and a little too relatable.  
I like how Henry is clinging on their friend for dear life. He was totally fine. It is just hard to get up there when you are not two. 
I am so grateful for this splash pad on hot/humid days like this one. I let the water get me a few times it was so hot. 

I love the way he walks. It's a mom thing. 
Dr. Cosette getting ready to take care of all her animals at the zoo. In one of the kids areas they had a animal hospital set up which she was very into. Those goggles are pretty freaking adorable on her. 


Besties taking care of the animals together. She did a very good job making sure the animals were fed, watered, and got all their medicine. 


I spy some rhinos. 
My three favorites at one of our favorite places, at least for me and the kids. I can't speak for Lyndon's love of zoos, but I do know that he loves spending time with us so he is pretty happy no matter what we are doing. I do sure love that guy.
The red panda exhibit is really well done here. The Knoxville Zoo breeds red pandas. 
Grandma and her grandkids. She was sweet and let them pick out a toy. Cosette chose a snake and Henry a camel. 
Family picture on the tortoise minus Cosette. Sad we could not get her on there. Next time we will have baby #3 with us! It's getting really close. Any day now.
My favorite picture of these two. That tortoise is really old, like older than my Mom, haha. The kids have gotten really into reptiles lately. We found a couple of snakes in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard plus a lizard and its eggs. Crazy things we were finding back there.

Knoxville Zoo we love visiting you! Thank you Grandma for always having a membership so we can go as much as we want whenever we come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day