Labor Day


Labor Day  kind of marked the end of summer for us. Cosette starts school this week and cooler weather is setting in on the city, which I am not too sad about. Hopefully I will no longer be constantly wet throughout the day. New York apartments are not equipped for summer heat, at least ours is not.

We went out to Brooklyn to take the kids to the Brooklyn Water lab. It was fun to explore a little more of the area and see some pretty spectacular view of the city. I love that we can call this place home. The kids had a blast at the water lab. Henry insisted that I run through part of it with him and would not go unless I ran through it with him. It was sweet to hear his cries of joy as we ran through the sprinklers together. I remind myself that this time where he always wants me around will not last forever, so I run through the sprinklers with him and get all wet. We met up with friends so Cosette was happy running around with her buddies.



There were these plaques illustrating Manhattan's development through the years.  




Henry on Henry Street.





Her face in this one illustrates her independent and opinionated side. 

We had an all American meal at Shake Shack to celebrate this American holiday. We all got shakes this trip because we have never tried the shakes from Shake Shack before, crazy I know. Lyndon's was gross. He got the black and white which he said had a black and white cookie mixed into it. I don't even know how to describe the taste, but it was weird. The peanut butter shake on the other hand was delicious. I will have to keep myself from stopping by to get another one.   

Cosette starting school really changes the calendar up a little bit for us. School starting really does mark the end of the summer and fall approaching. Crazy how things like that change the way you view things. It's going to be a big change having more of a schedule to keep than before. It's going to be good all around for all of us. 

Farewell summer! I am already missing the long summer days. The sun is starting to set earlier and it blows my mind. Winter is approaching to fast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day