Good Byes are the Worst

 
It's only been about what six weeks since we left New York. Our life there feels like a life time ago. It was really hard saying good bye to the city and especially all the people we left. Our friends there have become like family. Our last night there a group of friends met up for a girls night. I felt so loved having so many friends come and say good bye. I love these ladies. They have taught me how to survive in the city, be a mother, what it means to truly serve and so much more. They have been there for me when I needed help, taken care of my kids like their own, shown compassion and Christ like love to me and my family. I love these women. Some of the best people in the world right here. There are a lot of women this includes who are not in the picture. I love my MSH sisters.

It was really surreal driving away from the city. I just started at the skyline till I could not see it anymore. I did not cry, which I was surprised about. There was so much going on that it did not hit that we were really leaving. We will be back so it is not an official good bye just a see you later. I'm grateful for that, otherwise it would have been so so hard to leave.

Our last free afternoon we invited friends to a play date at one of our favorite play grounds. This was the best picture we got of the group. All the kids were off running around. This play ground became one of our favorites over the summer. Cosette learned how to pump her legs on the swing and became a champion swinger there. Some nice man one day saw me there with all three kids and told me how impressed he was with handling the three all day and what a wonderful thing I was doing. Thank you kind sir. Those words mean a lot. Funny that the play grounds are something that I miss most about NYC. I shouldn't be surprised because we spent the majority of our time at the different play grounds. Kids got to run and play.

My little brother is the only one at home now. He is not so little anymore. He is 16 and is 6'5''. Lyndon gets his hammy-downs. It was a lot of fun spending time with him. He was the expert at calming down Raphael in the bouncer/rocker. I really miss him for that, and so much more. But thank you David for all the help with the babies. Cosette and Henry miss him too. They had a great time with Uncle David.

Aunt Ellen and Raphael.

The best picture we could get with the kids.

Henry's making his thoughts known on what he thinks about good-byes.


Me with my sweet Grandmother. I love her so much. I was happy that she got to meet Raphael before we left. Our kids love their "Baba" so much.

The kiddos with Grandpa and Grandma. We miss you all so much.

It was hard to say goodbye to everyone in Tennessee in Utah. I should have taken pics with everyone we visited in Utah, but didn't think about it. Then of course when I got on the plane it dawned on me. I guess everyone needs to come and visit us here so we can get some pics together. We are grateful for all the time we got to spend with both sides of the family. We are missing having all the extra help, and the kids are missing their aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I wish everyone could move around with us. We haven't lived close to family since we got married and it was such a treat to spend all that time with them. It really made me want to move closer.

Singapore maybe a long flight away, but at least it is only several flights away, and we can get to see each other. I know Singapore is where we are supposed to be right now. We are really happy here. I am grateful to have a knowledge of eternal families and even if we are not together we will be in the end. I am also grateful for technology so I can call and text all of these people when I want. Being able to text my family and friends has made the transition easier. Us five Plothows love all you Plothows, Dunns, Briscoes, Nelsons , Raymonds, and friends. Everyone come visit so we can show you how wonderful our new home is and because we miss you.
xoxo
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day