Christmas Eve Baby

Christmas Eve was a big day, because our little Rafa Roo turned five months old! My mind is blown. He has said goodbye to the infant stage a long time ago and he is becoming a big boy. And I am crying because he is not my tiny baby anymore. Every experience I have had with each kid is different. With Raphael I don't want him to grow up at all. I am loving having this sweet little boy baby in our house. He is my buddy and we go everywhere together with him strapped to me. We are literally bonded together.
Cosette said the other day that when Raphael grows up she wants to marry him. She is the best big sister to baby Ralphie, except when she puts him on the couch where he can roll off. It's not happened yet, and we have had many discussions about what will happen to him if that happens, so I think he is safe.

Things Raphael is doing at five months:

Rolling over like a champ. The hair on the back of his head has grown back because he loves being on his tummy.

Sleeping like a champ. He has basically sleep trained himself. He gets pretty fussy when he is tired and we put a passy in his mouth, lay him down, and he goes to sleep most of the time. It is so nice. I attribute it to him being the third child and sometimes Momma has to take care of the other two kids and go to the bathroom. All three kids are in the same room and it is working out great.

He has become very aware and curious of his surroundings. He is out of the "baby fog" we will call it and is really interested in what is going on around him.

Grabbing everything. He has found his hands and is using them to pull and grab what he is interested in. As a parent it is such a great joy to see your child reaching the developmental mile stones. It is really amazing to see them grow. I think I get just as excited as they do when they learn how to do something new.

Touching his toes!

Sucking on his fingers. He is my only baby who has taken well to a passy. When he is not using it his fingers and hands are in his mouth.

He is still cooing or gooing because that is what he does. We have some great gooing conversations.


I'm so happy he is ours. I love you Raphael!
xoxo, Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day