Thanksgiving

This year I kind of forgot when Thanksgiving was. My Dad reminded me about it because it was the day that we moved into our new apartment. We were not planning on having a Thanksgiving dinner on actual Thanksgiving. Some friends were having a big Thanksgiving bash that weekend, but we had nothing scheduled on the actual holiday, except moving. Then some friends invited us over on actual Thanksgiving and I was not sure if we were going to be able to make it, because I had to stay at the apartment till the movers left. But it worked out and me and the kiddos were able to go! That was something to be thankful for. Lyndon had to work all day and we did not see him till.... I cannot even remember. 

Actual Thanksgiving meal was so good. It was really nice to have all the traditional foods we would have had back home. There was even pumpkin and pecan pie! And football, but not just any football Vols football. It doesn't get much more thanksgiving than that. The kids had a blast playing with all the other friends there. I did not see them to much, except Henry got really needy at the end of the night. It was sweet/hard. It was so sweet because he wanted me to sit and watch the movie with him and hold his hand. But then there was Raphael who needed to be attended to. If only I could be in more than one place at a time. Anyone got a time turner on them I could borrow? It was perfect. Spending time with the "family" we are making here in Singapore was wonderful.

The people we have met here so far are just awesome! They have been so helpful and kind to us. I got really sick the Friday before Thanksgiving. Turns out it was mastitis. I got antibiotics quickly, but I was out pretty much till Wednesday. I asked the Relief Society for some help and they went above and beyond. People watched the kids for us, brought us meals, checked in and made sure we were okay. Some of the people who brought dinner to us I had not even met. I have so much love for these people and I barely even know them.

I have been filled with so much gratitude lately. I have been thinking about what I am thankful for a lot because it is the Thanksgiving season, and I have had this overwhelming feeling of thankfulness this whole month. Moving to another country is a really big adjustment, but this move to Singapore has been so easy. I am so grateful for that. There is just so much I am thankful for. Lyndon's job, my sweet sweet children, this opportunity to be in Singapore, our health, the gospel of Jesus Christ, my testimony, my parents and siblings, my in-laws, my sweet grandmother who will pick up my babies every now and then and loves on us so much when we are with her, summer weather, pools, lol. The list goes on and on. It has been wonderful reflecting on all that God has given me and my family. We are so blessed.


My current favorite picture of her. She is turning into a great little swimmer.

Our Saturday Thanksgiving was great. It was a pool party, which is playing tricks with my mind. I have to constantly remind myself that it is winter and not mid July. They served Bar-b-q turkey, which was delicious. I've never heard of anyone cutting up a turkey marinating it and grilling it up. It's a tradition I am totally willing to pick up. Great people, great food. It was a fabulous way to celebrate Thanksgiving. 

That was our first Singapore Thanksgiving.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day