Silk Road



Since moving to Singapore Lyndon and I have been going on a lot more dates. We have found some amazing babysitters in our ward. They are the sweetest girls and so good with the kids. It's been so nice to get some alone time with my man, even if Raphael tags along sometimes. 


We went to see a dance opera (basically a ballet) at the Esplanade Theatre downtown this past weekend for our date night. It's called Silk Road based off the Dunhaung Frescoes in the Gansu province of China. It was phenomenal. That is why I am sharing it. Both of us were so moved by the production, especially by the music and the costumes.  The music was majestic and touching. It forced you to become emotionally involved in the story, applauding the character's triumphs and crying in their pain. The story line was both personal and epic. The main characters were a father and daughter. It was so sweet to see their love and sacrifice for each other. Story lines are so often about two lovers, it was refreshing to see the devotion and love of a familial relationship. It was extraordinarily beautiful and neat cultural experience.

The malls have all sorts of Chinese New Year displays going on right now. Lyndon asked me if I would take a picture here.

 I never understood why the church leaders would council us to go on dates with your spouse. It just seemed like you just went through a ton of dating to get married so why continue to plan dates, especially weekly dates. Now I get it because our life is crazy with our three kiddos running around. We never get much couple time. It helps nurture our relationship and gives us time to feel like we are people and not robots. I'm grateful for my sweet Lyndon who is probably more obsessed with me than he was when we got married. It is hard sometimes to feel anything but tired because I am mom-bot right now. It's great to have something to look forward to where I can curl my hair, put on make up, and get a little fancy and be with my one and only Lyndon. Listen to the prophets. They have excellent dating advice :-).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day