Henry Update

Henry had an accident Monday night and had to go to the ER. He hit head on the glass door on our entertainment center which cracked the glass and cut his head. I had to take him to the emergency room and he had to get stitches and stay the night in the hospital. Thank goodness Lyndon was able to meet us there after a while, and we have a good friend who lives just down the street who took Cosette and Raphael while we were dealing with this. It was scary. I have dreaded my first trip to the ER ever since I had children. I knew it would happen one day, and dreaded it. I dreaded to think what would happen that would cause them to have to be rushed to the hospital. 

Henry walking down the hall with the top of his shirt drenched in blood was scary. I am grateful everything went fine. He cried when it happened and only whimpered instead of cried when we were at the ER. He really was fine. He has so much energy it’s insane! After everything he went through that night he was still running up and down the hallways in the pediatric ward at the hospital acting completely normal. He even told me off when he ran behind the nurse's station and I went to get him. He said "Mommy! Get away from me! I am trying to sit down!". He was feeling fine. He even ran to the operating room. 



Lyndon stayed with him through the procedure and the night. It reminded me of when Joseph Smith had to have his leg cut and asked his father to hold him. I am grateful Lyndon was there because there are some things my Momma heart cannot handle. Henry was fine and I was too, but it was really hard to see him hurt. I carried him like a crazy woman into the ER and he had blood all over his shirt and his head. I had been using a wash cloth to put pressure on the wound, and it was covered in blood. Our poor cab driver was a little shaken up. He was great. He rushed us first to our friends apartment, where she met me by the road and took the other two kids, and then he rushed us off to the closest hospital to our condo. Henry was in no danger. But holding him in my lap on the way to the hospital I was worried. All sorts of crazy thoughts were running through my head. I think that is pretty normal for a parent. They put us into a room right away and got the wound cleaned up. This is probably too much detail for everyone, but I just wanted to keep our loved ones who are far away updated. Henry is fine and came home Tuesday morning and has been wreaking havoc around the apartment.
Life is back to normal. We are counting our blessings for that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day