Safari Zoo 5K

So I am the crazy mom that decides to sign herself and her four year old daughter up for a family fun run 5.5k. I saw a sign for a Safari Zoo run back in January looked it up and the Zoo was having some races for individuals, families and kids. I thought it would be fun to do it as a family, put the boys in the stroller and the rest of us run. When I read the rules it said that the kids had to be four and so I just signed me and Cosette up. 
The part of the race where we saw Daddy and the boys. They cheered us on and gave us extra running power to finish the race.
Henry saw me yelled "Mommy!" and ran up and gave me a big hug.
 That was the best part, running through the zoo. The course took us through the Singapore Zoo, around the perimeter of the River Safari, and through the Night Safari. Running through the Night Safari was my favorite part. It doesn't open till 7pm which means it dark so it is completely different during the day. It was so cool seeing the animals during the day there. So many lions. Like eight in one enclosure up close, running around. Three Sloth Bears wandering around their enclosure. The elephants up in our faces. It was awesome. Best family race!
 It was so relaxed. People were stopping and looking at the animals, taking pictures at every km marker. It was a blast. Especially running and passing Orangutans or chimpanzees on the way. We stopped and look at the baby giraffe named Jubilee because Singapore just celebrated their golden jubilee in 2015. 

Cosette did great the first 1km but after that she lost her running powers. I had to keep reminding myself during the run that this was something for us to do together and have a good time. We would walk for a little bit then run for a little bit. I would pick a point and once we passed the sign we would run till we passed this other sign. It worked, and after the 5km mark we ran to the finish line. She wanted to hold hands while we ran together. It was sweet and made my Momma heart almost burst. It was hard for her, but she did it. I am proud of her for finishing and not giving up. Lyndon sneaked into the finishing area and met us at the finish line. For some reason they didn't let people back there, but Lyndon has his ways. He actually just walked to it and no one said anything. Seeing Daddy at the finish line helped give Cosette the extra little push she needed to finish the race
We got these awesome medals for participating. Cosette was really excited to get hers. She has been wearing it proudly around the apartment. She said she had fun, but does not want to do it again. Fair enough. 

Lyndon and the boys during the race.



Clip of us crossing the finish line. I am a dork and we raised our arms up as we cross the finish line in victory.

We did it! There are four different animals on our shirt. Cosette said the elephant was her favorite and was excited to use the elephant mask.



We got to meet some interesting animals as part of the after party.

This bird is native to Singapore. It's called a Brahminy Kite.
Petting a hedgehog. 
Trying to keep Henry from hurting him self and the iguana. You were only supposed to touch it's side, and he was touching it everywhere but. And they only wanted people to touch it's side because it's tail has spikes on it, and he has very long claws on his fingers and toes that Henry thought were cool to play with. Oh Henry....
Taking a picture with our awesome medals. I wanted to do the Olympic thing and bite the medal. Cosette did not thing that was cool. 

I am not sure if this will become a tradition, but I'm glad I got to do this with my girl.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day