Sentosa Adventure with Daddy

Sentosa Adventure

As you may know, I am constructing a Lego model of Temple Church. It was constructed by the Knights Templar in the 11th Century on the model of Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. Later in the 12th Century, it was expanded and granted royal patronage. When I took my Gothic architecture class at Cambridge, I visited the building and wrote a paper on it.


I decided to build the church to minifigure scale, which means that the finished church will be about three feet long and about one foot high. To get enough legos, I've been travelling to the three official Lego stores on the main island of Singapore (only the branded Lego stores have the 'pick a brick' wall where you can pick and choose which Legos to buy). One Saturday, a few weeks ago now, I took the kids to one of the official Lego stores, but they didn't have any of the tan bricks that I needed to build the walls of the church. One of the employees told me that they had those bricks at their Sentosa store. Sentosa is an island just off the coast of the main island that Singpore has developed into a huge resort. They have a couple different theme parks with hotels and shopping and spas and beaches. Once I heard that my desired brick was available at the Sentosa store, I packed up the kids, and off we went. I decided to take a little video of our Sentosa Adventure.

And what adventure would be complete without a bit of ice cream?



Comments

  1. This is so cute. I love the video- I've been wanting to put a vid together, is it hard to do? I'm completely clueless when it comes to things like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, we just do it with our iphone 5s. It's pretty easy. We just take a bunch of film clips add them together put some music to it and voile. It can be time intensive, but we love the end product.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day