Disney and a Date Night

Saturday we had a super Singapore Saturday as I am going to call it. We had big outings going on. The main one was taking the kids to Disney on Ice! It was so fun going with the kids. I loved looking at them during the show and seeing the looks on their faces. Henry's favorite was Mickey Mouse. Cosette's favorite was Ariel. She loves Ariel.
The show featured four Disney princesses: Ariel, Rapunzel, Belle, Anna, and Elsa. So I guess really five princesses from four Disney movies. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald came out at different times during the show. It was a great family outing. Before the show started the announcer came on and said to sing and dance if you felt like it, which we did. I was really grateful for that because it totally relaxed the atmosphere and really made us feel comfortable. Cosette got up during the finale and did some sweet dance moves.  I finished Cosette's Elsa costume in time to wear to the show. She was one of a million Elsa's that was there. I'm biased and thought she had the best costume. 


She was so into it. 
The cold doesn't bother me anyway, especially when we are sweating to death here in SG.

That night Lyndon and I went out for a date. He had to go into work after Disney on Ice, so we met down on Arab Street. We had dinner at Singapore Zam Zam which is rated the best in SG for Muslim food, which is a mixture of Indian and Middle Eastern. It was great. A whole in the wall place that reminded me of Magic Wok, may it rest in peace. We got mutton biryani and some fruit drinks. I tried lychee for the first time. Interesting fruit. 
I showed Lyndon around the area. I have been down there a few times running errands. Lyndon finally got to see the Masjid Sultan aka Sultan Mosque. It's stunning. 


Singapore is so colorful! 
Part two was going to see a Ruby game at the National Stadium. The views of the Sands Hotel and Singapore Flyer were gorgeous. SG was killing it with views that day. 
We watched the Japanese Sun Wolves play the South African Cheetahs. The Sun Wolves were winning when we left. We were like we do not know that much about Rugby and we have a babysitter, let's get out and do some more stuff. So we went grocery shopping..... We know how to party.
The game was really fun. I would howl every time the Sun Wolves scored. I know very little about rugby, pretty much nothing about the sport, except for what I have seen on movies. It was cool. Lots of tackling, fighting for the ball. Something both Lyndon and I want to learn more about. 
And when we left the game this was what our view was. 

Comments

  1. Looks like an amazing day! And we received your letter today! Tell Coco thank you and that we'll write you all back soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World