Easter Weekend

It was not as fun or relaxing as we would have liked, but it was wonderful to celebrate our Savior's life and that he still lives. 

Lyndon spent all weekend working including Easter. Me and the kids hung out basically surviving. We did go to an Easter egg hunt on Saturday with friends and had Easter dinner with more friends on Sunday. I was really grateful we were invited over to our friends for Easter dinner because it would have been really hard to spend the day with out Lyndon. He had to go into work after Church that day.

This year I was good about getting our Easter outfits together. I made dresses for me and Cosette. Although I am going to have to take Cosette's apart because the bodice was to big for her. She is so tall and skinny it is hard to get clothes for her sometimes. The dress was the right length, but the top to big. Oh well, at least I can fix it. Lyndon left Church after sacrament meeting so we did not get a family photo in our Easter outfits, so we are going to wear them again next week and get the photo. I worked to hard to put it all together to not get one. 

I taught Lyndon's primary class for him on Sunday. I really enjoyed it, a lot more then I ever thought I would enjoy being in primary. I got to be in music and sharing time with Cosette. The primary leader was sharing a story about making a right choice not to eat something to enhance her running, and Cosette raise her hand and said "We should not eat durians because they are super stinky". It was the funniest thing. She knows exactly what a durian is and what it smells like. She is not a fan of them, haha. 

The Easter Bunny came to our house and left the kids some goodies. As per our usual tradition, the Easter Bunny hit the kid's Easter baskets and they were excited to find them. Raphael got a special Easter basket filled with baby food! His favorite. Cosette thought that was cool. She kept making comments about Ralphie's basket being filled with baby food. Henry decided to share one of his peep's with Ralphie, so everyone got a little treat on Easter. 

We watched the living scripture video about Christ being resurrected. Cosette and I talked about it on the way to our friend's house. She had really payed attention and knew all the significant points of the story. On Good Friday she was really sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was sad because Jesus was going to die. And we talked about how Jesus died for us, but then he came back to life and was resurrected and one day we will be too. It was a brief conversation, but one that helped her understand the significance of the holiday and the sacrifice Jesus made for us. 

The only decent picture I could get of them. 
They were much more interested in picking flowers. 

Cosette took this picture of me in my Easter dress. Not to bad for my first dress I sewed for myself. My New Years resolution is to work on my sewing. So far so good. I'm really proud of myself work learning something new. 
Looking for "baby" coconuts.





Hop on pop. This is how Lyndon woke up Saturday morning. Photo credit to Cosette. 
My beautiful friend and her family hosted a huge group for Easter dinner. It was wonderful to spend the afternoon with our SG family. Our friends we have made here are some of the best people we have ever met. I love them all with all my heart. I am not just saying that. Everyone has been so loving and kind and willing to help us at the drop of a hat. And it is all because of Christ and his atoning sacrifice. He set the example for us to love and serve one another. He helped set up the Lord's church to quote scripture "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). And I believe that we can do that through serving one another and taking care of each other. Basically showing charity to others and we know that charity is the pure love of Christ.

Anyway, I know that my Heavenly Father lives and loves each of us so much. I might not feel his love always because I am so busy with the kids, but I feel his hand guiding me and him slipping thoughts and solutions to questions or problems I am trying to figure out. I am grateful for Christ's sacrifice and that he gave his life so eventually I can be made perfect. It is such a beautiful thing to think that Christ sacrificed himself so that I can be made perfect one day. And not just me but Cosette, Henry, Raphael, and Lyndon can be as well. And not only them too, but every single person I know has that opportunity because of Christ. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

Happy Easter! May the knowledge that Christ still lives bring you joy and peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World