School Time: Henry's First Day of School

Henry started school this week. It was kind of a hasty decision to put him in. I have been trying to find a solution to get some help around here. Lyndon is gone early and then we never know when he will get home, but it is rarely ever before the kids go to bed. And usually always after 10pm. It makes for some really long days. With student loans and stuff we cannot really afford a helper (live in maid usually from the Philippines which is common here), but we can afford to put Henry in school. I have been so pleased with the school Cosette is at. Her teacher is wonderful, I love her! And after a friend suggested it, a light clicked in my head. Heavenly Father was answering a prayer! We have been praying and thinking about possible solutions because it has been so difficult to manage everything because Lyndon is never home, and this was Heavenly Father reaching out to me with an answer. After I picked Cosette up from school that day I went to the office and asked if there were any spots open in the pre pre nursery class and there was! Henry will go for two hours at the same school where Cosette attends at the same time.
He had his first day of school yesterday and was excited to go. We got him a pencil case, colored pencils, he picked out a snack from the grocery store, got his shoes and uniform, and he was ready to go. He did not hesitate and ran right into the class room. He was happy to see me and I was happy to see him when class was over. He said that they sang songs, he sat on a train track (?), colored, and read stories. When I told him he would be going again he was excited. He is in nursery at church for a couple hours each Sunday, so this is no different. I am grateful for answered prayers.
Showing me his bumble bee sticker he got. 

Comments

  1. That's so awesome! Do they go to an international school? or more like a local one. (does that make sense? haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They go to a local school. It's great and I love it. They do everything in English and have time each day dedicated to learning Chinese. Cosette is getting pretty good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been a really good experience for the kids and me. I love their school.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Part 1

The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Traveling Half Way around the World