The Day I Met my True Love

We had a belated Valentine's Day this year. I think I mention this every year, but Lyndon likes to do some special activity just the two of us every year for V-day, the weekend we got engaged six years ago. He is a sentimental man. This year I think he might have regretted it, because I met someone who might have just out swam my love for him (jk). He took me to swim with dolphins! Talk about fulfilling a bucket list item on my life goals. This is why I said yes to him six years ago, he makes my dreams a reality (Japan, check! Swimming with dolphins, check!). What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man! I was trying to contain my excitement, but I was smiling like it was Christmas morning. Lyndon was having a hard time containing his excitement too! It made me not feel like to much of a dork for exclaiming out loud when I saw the dolphins (and I might have jumped up and down a little while holding Lyndon's hand) when he did as well. 

I got to kiss one and I liked it. It was so cool. We had a trainer who showed us how to interact with the dolphin. The dolphin kissed us on the cheek and we got to kiss on the lips. It was awesome. We got to pet them play with them. The only thing better would have been to hang onto one of them and swim around the enclosure. One day I will hang on the back of a dolphin and speed around some type of body of water. It was awesome. We learned a lot. Did you know that dolphins shed their skin every two hours? It is to prevent sunburn. We were in awe. It was awesome! 

I have loved dolphins for as long as I can remember. My mother can attest to that, because I watched a Japanese cartoon about dolphins a lot. And I am a swimmer and my best stroke happens to be the butterfly which makes me feel like I can swim kind of like a dolphin…(not really, but if you are going to call a stroke the dolphin stroke it would be butterfly). When I was 12, I went with my swim team to compete at a meet in Indianapolis. We went to the children’s museum there and watched a dolphin Imax. My coach at the time said they should have just named it the Christine Dunn show. I love butterfly, when I am in shape. That is the key, cause when you are out of shape or just had a baby (even though it was 7 months ago) oh man. Butterfly is a beast. It was a magical hour. I met my true loves and got to hang out with them for a little while. Anybody know how I can become a dolphin trainer? We weren't allowed to take any photos during the encounter. There were photographers there taking photos of us, but then they were charging an insane amount so Lyndon and I chose not to get them. But here are photos we took of the day.







The rest of the day we spent at the Adventure Cove water park on Sentosa. I can now finally say I have been to Sentosa. It is a resort island off the coast of Singapore. That is where the beaches are. It is a pretty awesome place. Adventure Cove was excellent. We had babysitters meet us there and watch the kids while we swam with the dolphins. Then played with the kids for the rest of the day. Their favorite thing was the Big Bucket Tree house water slide, wave pool, and lazy river. So pretty much everything was their favorite. 


We went on the lazy river as a family. Me and Raphael were on one float while Lyndon had Cosette and Henry piled on him in the other. We held on to each other's floats for most of the time pretending we were a band of pirates. We all have pirate names: Captain Coco, Blackbeard Daddy, Handsome Henry the Horrible, Mommy with the Golden Hair, and Raphael the Rebel. There was one point where there was a small water fall coming down the middle of the river, and Lyndon pushed me and Raphael into it and we stopped moving. That was not cool, so Raphael and I decided we were better off on our own and tried to flee from the others. They caught up to us a couple of times. Cosette kept “falling” over board. We’d yell out “man overboard!” and pull her back into the inner tube. There were also fish tanks attached to the lazy river as you could watch sting rays, fish, manta rays, dolphins swim by. It was the coolest. We stopped for a while and look at the marine life for a while. Henry was the most into it. It was a successful day, and we all came home a little sun kissed. The end.



And some more photos of our actual Valentine's Day hanging out.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day