The Tooth Fairy and Tons of Pink Tulle

Today was a big day for me in the my motherhood book. First, Cosette lost her first tooth! It was really funny how it happened. I was nursing Raphael, and she came into the room looking upset and said "Mommy my tooth fell out". She had no idea that you lose your baby teeth and then your adult teeth come in, so it was a little bit of a shock to her. Her tooth actually had not fallen out, but was extremely loose. I got ready to pull it out and was prepared for all sorts of screaming, but lucky for everyone in the room, her tooth came on out without me pulling hard on it. I think the experience was a little shocking for her, but she is excited that the tooth fairy is coming tonight. 
She is also a little self conscience about the gap her lost tooth has made in her smile. She has been giving me closed lipped smiles so I cannot see her teeth. It was a proud momma moment for me, just because she is getting older and all these firsts are happening. It's exciting for me to be here with her and experience all of them with her.


Second proud momma moment of the day was being able to attend Cosette's ballet class tonight for parent's night. I have mentioned how much she has enjoyed her ballet class before, and parents are not allowed into the class unless it is a trial class then they get to observe. I was super excited to be able to attend since we are not allowed and see what she was learning and how her teacher was with the girls. I was expecting the teacher to be strict and the girls not to act out in anyway, but it was not like that. The teacher was firm, but very patient with the girls. The girls acted like all four year olds do, and that was nice to see. Cosette was complemented by her teacher several times during the class. She payed attention and followed directions great. Wish I could get her to do that at home, but I do not think I am the only mom who has that problem. I think Cosette enjoyed having me there. She waved to me during class, and then gave me a big hug towards the end. All good signs she liked that I was there. Once again I am really happy I got to go see her do something that she thoroughly enjoys and be a part of her life.


Went out for an ice cold Milo afterwards. 

All in all today was one to record in my motherhood book.
Video I made from Cosette's ballet class. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day