Cherry Blossoms down by the Bay

We had a date night last week to see the cherry blossoms at the flower dome at the Gardens by the Bay. We seems to be in that area a lot, but Gardens by the Bay is always changing their exhibits, Lyndon's office is down there, and there is just a ton of things to see in that area. (Down by the bay, where the watermelon grows, back to my home I dare not go....anyone remember that song? Anytime I start talking about Gardens by the Bay it pops into my head). 

Seeing the cherry blossoms holds a special place in my heart. One of the most famous gardens in Japan is located close to where my family lived (post about visiting it here and here). We have pictures of me and my parents there when the cherry blossoms were in bloom. Seeing them helps me feel a little bit closer to that part of my life. New York has their fair share of cherry blossoms and we ventured out to Brooklyn a couple times to see them at the botanic gardens there (post here). They are so beautiful and a sign of spring, which gives me so much joy when living in a place with seasons. Singapore is always summer so it's not that big of a deal living here to see signs of "spring". But it reminds me of happy memories we have made seeing cherry blossoms in other places and I like the tradition. Lyndon works down in the Central Business District (CBD), but never gets a chance to see anything other than the office. He was happy to finally get to explore a place he sees from his office window everyday. 

We went to dinner at a restaurant in the mall by our house. It specializes in udon noodles which is a type of Japanese noodle. We have been wanting to try it out so we made it happen. I am trying to make a point of doing and trying out things we want to because our time here is going by so fast. We have been here almost six months. We are starting to check things off our SG bucket list.

When Lyndon is in charge of the pictures I get a lot of photo ops. It's nice since I am the one usually taking the pictures. 

I have mastered the Asian squat! Well my heels helped me do it. I am still practicing to get it down.







And the whole reason we went: sakura! æ¡œ!







So happy we made it in time to see them! I love going to see them in NYC every spring. I makes me homesick for the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens and our seasonal traditions we have made there. It was especially spectacular to see them over here because we are closer to Japan where they are pretty fantastic. Plus, the Flower Dome is incredible! 

There were a lot of sculptures nestled in the different gardens. We had fun finding them all, and documented most of them.







The dragon was the coolest. It was perched on the upper level over looking the lower deck. It gave the illusion of being in an enchanted forest. 





Seeing the boabab threes from Africa and Australia was a favorite part of the date. The trunks were these crazy shapes and they were really tall. It's really cool to see how different parts of the world look. The Flower Dome did an exceptional job of with their different types of gardens/landscapes. Desert, English, Italian, Australian, African were all represented. 
And one more of the dragon because it's a dragon!
I am loving our almost weekly date nights here. Lyndon is so busy with work we hardly ever get to talk to each other during the daylight. And when he is home the kids need to have their Dad time, and I completely understand why we have been encourage to continue to date after we are married. Going out with Lyndon is a breathe of fresh air. I literally feel lighter because I am not pushing a stroller or carrying a baby. I feel like a person and not a spit up or booger rag which my kids use me as, bless their hearts. This date night I was enjoying myself so much that I missed the kids and was excited to see them the next day. A little bit of a break does wonders. And having fun with this hunk makes me love him more. So married or single, get your date on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day