Jet Lagged

We made the epic trip from Singapore to the States a couple of weeks ago. Leslie was able to fly back with me which was a life saver. I was not looking forward to this flight at all. It was pretty much the number one reason I did not want to come back to the States while we are in SG. Jeg lag, 11 hour plus flights, gag me with a spoon. Sounds so awful. But it turned out to be one of the easiest trips I have ever taken. Lyndon gave me a blessing the night before we left and I could feel the power of God throughout the trip. He was watching out for us.
We broke the trip up a little bit by flying to Shanghai and staying the night there. Then we had a direct flight to Seattle the next day. It was really nice breaking it up like that. We were all well rested for the long flight to Seattle. And Asian airlines are so nice. Comfiest airplane ride I have had in awhile. 
Leslie gets the best Aunt award. She was amazing with the kids on the flight. Wish she could live with us forever. People on the flight were nice for the most part. Those tray tables are the worst because Henry likes to put them up and down, up and down. Of course he was doing that while I was trying to get everything situated with luggage, kids, stuff, etc. He was contained in the seat and that is what was important at the moment, but some person sitting in front of us had to make a comment to me about it. She is lucky I did not go New York on her telling her that's a real bad attitude to have at the beginning of an 11 hour flight. But that was the only thing that happened. Everyone else was so nice. I have never had anyone be nasty to me about my kids when flying. There is the random comment here or there but most of the time people are always saying they did not even know the kids were on the flight they were so good. I am lucky with that. We come prepared or armed with our special airport activity bags and lots of snacks. I kept Raphael satisfied by letting him crawl up and down the isles. I don't care if anyone thinks it is unsanitary. It kept him sane which meant it kept everyone on the plane sane because I think we can all agree it's better to have a happy baby then a screaming one. He loved it. He made a lot of friends. And it was nice to get up and stretch my legs. I didn't want to sit down after walking around with him. It felt so nice to walk around. But yeah, best flying experience with three kids I could have asked for. They were total rock stars, total rock stars. 

Hugs in Shanghai. Somehow I ended up with all three of us sharing a bed that night. It was quite "cozy". 

This is how we got them to stay with us and not running around almost getting hit by cars at the airport. They loved it but still ran around almost running into people inside the airport. 
First stop Washington. We spent a little over the week in the Evergreen State with my sister. We had the best time minus the jet lag. 
Henry napping never happens. That is how jet lagged we all were. Cosette took a nap with me. My kids do not nap very well, so if they do fall asleep during the day for a nap they are TIRED.
We flew from Seattle to Knoxville with a layover in Chicago. The kids could not have done better on the flights. It was the easiest trip. They were awesome! So awesome! I was proud of them because they did not even watch movies on their kindle the entire trip like I thought. Coloring books and silly putty for the win! We are happy to be back in Rocky Top Tennessee. Looking forward to visiting with family, friends, and enjoying summer. This Tennessee heat is not too bad after experiencing what it's like in SG. I am really enjoying not sweating constantly. We ate dinner outside last night and it was so pleasant. We did not melt. Now just to get over this jet lag. It's a beast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Half Way around the World

Remote Learning Part 1

Valentine's Day